Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number is still not ported.

FIXED
Nosheen

My number is still not ported.

Hi,

My number stopped working since morning and still not transferred after 6 hours , all my calls are being missed for my old number.

Please help

Nosheen
14 REPLIES 14
Nosheen

Re: My number is still not ported.

I spoke to customer service around 5 pm and was advised that to wait couple of more hours, then waiting waiting and nothing happened, called customer service again around 9pm and was advised to wait till midnight then again waiting waiting and nothing happened. My old number is still not ported and all calls are missed, very disappointing service by plusnet.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi @Nosheen 

Hopefully a support team person will be along shortly to help

In the meantime:

Ofcom requires ports to be completed within one day.

Failure to do so is justification for compensation as well as proper notification from the Service Provider of how the issue will be progressed and resolved.

Initial checks to carry out:

Please ensure you have restarted your phone after the phone has restarted with the new sim inserted - as a minimum before checking if it works.

It is also useful to check your APN settings to ensure that the PN sim has correctly updated the phone.

https://www.apnsettings.org/uk/plusnet-uk/

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @Nosheen.

I'm sorry to hear that your number hasn't ported over yet.

So I can investigate further can you PM me the following?

- Your mobile number or account number
- Your full address and postcode
- Your full name and if you're the account holder?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Nosheen

Thanks Matthew,
I spoke to a customer service last night around 9pm and he said they received files from previous provider yesterday 3pm and my number should be transferred soon, or before midnight.
I have restarted my phone just as well and many times yesterday.
The old number is still not working.
Never happened ever, all my previous providers were able to transfer the number with in 5 hours, mostly after noon the number would be transferred.

Tbh plusnet service is very disappointing, I am a new user of plusnet, may be thinking to leave

I have already sent you the details requested via pm
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've just asked for some more details via PM

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
firefly8

Hi, my number is still not ported and I have been waiting since Tuesday, its now Friday. I am a carer for old people and cannot get their emergency messages, so this could go badly wrong. I have spoken to customers services over and over and like a parrot with security questions and they are now saying it could take another week!!  They say they have contact with the ops team that sorts all this out and cannot even cancel the switch so I am very cross.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @firefly8

I'm really sorry to hear about your delayed porting. 

Please be aware that we don't have the facility to speed this process up even if a delay has already been experienced. If you have been advised it has gone through to the Operations team, it does take 3-5 working days for them to investigate. Any security we pass with yourself will be for us to check over the notes and see if it has gone to Ops. If it has gone to Ops we can only advise waiting for their contact. 

I know this isn't what you were hoping to hear but I think it's best to be open and honest about these type of things. If you would like us to check over your account and notes, please PM your:

Mobile Number:

Full Name:

Address:

Postcode:

Confirm you are the account holder:

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

firefly8

I think that is really bad service. With the bank holiday that means nearly 2 weeks without my number. So if an elderly person suffers due to this I assume they will receive an apology at the least from yourselves? If I had been advised at the start this was going to take so long I would have gone elsewhere. The transfer to 3 was within one day. I don't have an old phone, I have done everything to get this sorted, I am really cross about it. My phone is not just for Facebook and personal use, it is my work phone.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @firefly8 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused but we are your provider and not your clients/patients. 

It usually doesn't take this long but if there are issues encountered it can take longer. 

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies and if there is anything else we may assist you with, please feel free to get back in touch. 

Kind Regards

Nosheen

Looks like my number has started to work. Finally, Many thanks.
firefly8

Ofcom says it should be one day. I have no choice but to take the card out of the phone as they also say that the old account is still active until the number is ported. Which if you are using 5 business days is quite likely to be the week after next. I would not have changed provider if I had known this was going to happen. The first person I spoke to said my Sim card would come loaded with my old number so that the swap would be seamless. Obviously not. Useless. 

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@firefly8 

If your old number is still working on your old service (sim), you can try asking the old service provider to cancel the port. They should be able to do that as long as the number is still working on the old service.

If your number with the old service has been disconnected by PN despite not ensuring it is properly ported, then I believe its all in PN's hands

Worth a try.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @firely8,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I am truly sorry this port is taking longer than expected and I really do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please could you send me a PM with the following info:

- Your full name and confirmation you are the account holder

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number (or order no)

This will allow us to check over the account from this side and see if there is anything further we can do to help speed this up.

Thanks.

firefly8

Somehow with no warning my number is working, which is a great relief. Thank you to everyone who tried to help and especially to whoever fixed it!