Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sim has spit the dummy

FIXED
jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

My Sim has spit the dummy

Hi, First time on this forum, my phone sim stopped working a couple of days ago, after spending most of the day trying to get it working I tried my wife's sim in mine, we have two sims, It worked , I phone customer services and they sent out a new one, he said I should phone them to activate it, when I did phone I was told there is a problem and they couldn't activate and didn't know how long this problem would last, thing is I don't know what the problem is, not much info coming my way, I've been with plus net some time now with Broadband , 9 months with the phones and not a hickup, anyone enduring same problem, no phone for who knows how long.

regards Jono

5 REPLIES 5
Snoopy

Re: My Sim has spit the dummy

Yep  No service from mid afternoon on the 22nd until this morning 24th.  Now have intermittent service with max 3g where I know I definitely have 4g, (As a side note the post code checker for service coverage is fubar. This is not the status checker) and although I can occasionally reach my voicemail from my handset. people calling me only get a message about sending a text message. LOLS  Ho hum.  CS are looking into this after the normal "have you tried turning it off and on" or "take SIM card out and reinsert."

Out of interest have you tried using your original SIM card.  The original issue may have been caused by the emerging / ongoing network / database error.

jono
Aspiring Pro

Yes tried all that, luckily I two phones one my wife uses. Hers is working fine, put into mine works great, phoned this morning and answer was vague supprised if it works this side of Christmas. Not happy to say the least, been with pn broadband for some years, service great.

jono
Snoopy

I've just had the "can you try another sim card" lols.  Like that's going to fix my voicemail issues.  I really don;t want to talk to CS guys over the phone, because I'm just gonna get upset and I know they are only saying what they know.  It's not their fault.  Anyway I'm not gonna be able to swap a SIM card till after 7 tonight and this will drag on another day. 

Happy Weekend everyone !!

Snoopy

Well rate late update.  But everything magically fixed its self for me around 5.30 last night.  Oh yeah I didn't do anything.  Hope everyone else is getting sorted.

jono
Aspiring Pro

Fix

Phoned Saturday to Plusnet mobile having fitted the new sim, some technical fault made it necessary for the customer service guy to ask if my sim could be activated, Not me by the way but someone in the office, Very strange why have to ask ? luckily he could and every thing is working again.

Been with Plusnet for some time for my Broadband and I've had a couple of hiccups along the way but up to now been good service, only been with the Mobile side about 9 months, I have two sims which I may have mentioned earlier in a post, why could they simply say to us when we phone for help, sorry but something has gone side ways but bear with us and we will sort it out, I would certainly accept that to a point and wait instead of prating about changing settings and changing sims etc and then wondering is it something I've done or what.

I believe in giving everybody a fair crack of the whip before going gar gar over it, so please plusnet be up front with your customers. 

Thanks to all who posted and staff who helped

regards

Jono