cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My SIM contract with Three runs out in October, could I come to PN Mobile?

FIXED
_m
Hooked

Re: My SIM contract with Three runs out in October, could I come to PN Mobile?

Regarding your comments

Short codes are supported, replies not.

I will soon do an analysis of PlusNet vs Three vs ToTheMoon  (EE MVNO also) and see what carrier bands they support.

I don;t know for a fact what differences if any EE MVNO's have in terms of Carrier Aggregation of Bands and this is something I will test with some mildly professional 4G hardware.    MVNOs and carriers seem very tight lipped about what Frequencies and bands they support and their CA strategies.

The most sensible thing to do is to test it out with a SIM from the new proposed carrier on the Smartphone  / other that you will be using at the location that you need it most from.

So far my ToTheMoon (EE MVNO) SIM has performed much better in multiple locations in Warwickshire where I live compared to my Three unlimited plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@_m wrote:

I feel I need to at least try another vendor, with Plusnet since they offer a 30 day contract, apart from the admin   (which I suppose will be considerable to keep the number )   it is surely worth a go

I don't think you will pay to change your number to PN just get your PAC from Three.

With regard to short codes I receive a code on my PN mobile which I have to enter to access some accounts with no problems because I don't have to reply 

HD

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I tried to text for a PAC number from Three last week, they'd already turned off my Network so I can't make calls or send texts, pardon? Most companies would give 30 days grace, but I suppose with the way I got rather angry at their non UK call centre, they said sod it we'll turn his connection off.

Do you see? Cheesy
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@MrAllen2021 wrote:

... but I suppose with the way I got rather angry ...

That seems to be a recurring theme in many of your threads @MrAllen2021  Roll_eyes

MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

@RobPN Well if the likes of Three will insist on using Indian call centres who don't understand English...

Do you see? Cheesy