cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Sim on one account & Plusnet to Plusnet calls?

FIXED
BlueEagle365
Grafter

Multiple Sim on one account & Plusnet to Plusnet calls?

Couple of questions about the new service......

1. Is it possible to have two or more sims attached to one PlusnetMobile account? 
  2. If the above is possible, will there be free Plusnet to Plusnet calls/texts?

Asking as I am currently with GiffGaff and this is the main reason we are with them as most of calls texts are between family all on GiffGaff.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Multiple Sim on one account & Plusnet to Plusnet calls?

Fix

Hi BlueEagle365,

You can have 3 SIM's per 1 customer, however the accounts aren't merged. You would have 3 separate accounts under the one name. Or if you're with Plusnet broadband, you can have 5 SIM's per 1 customer. Again the account's won't be merged it will just show that there are 5 separate accounts under the one name. 

We don't have free Plusnet to Plusnet calls/texts. All calls/texts/data are within your bundle allowance.

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

steven316

Hi Rebecca why can a customer only have 3 sims. I need 4 so if 3 is the limit then this is no good to me.
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi steven316,

I understand your looking for 4 SIM's however that's the maximum it's always been, even before when we were LIFE mobile. It's 3 SIM's max per 1 customer. Any friends or family can also sign up to have up to 3 SIM's. However, if you're a Plusnet broadband customer or thinking of joining, you can have up to 5 SIM's max per 1 customer! 

- Rebeka Smiley

steven316

My partner has the account for broadband with you but I was told I can't transfer it to myself, is that right if so then unfortunately I'll have to get mobile sims elsewhere as I need for as there for work.
critcher

how do I order another sim on my mobile account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @critcher

Due to the accounts not being merged and working as separate ones you can get a new SIM by just ordering online or over the phone like you did the first time. Smiley 

critcher

and do I get the mates allowance of 1 gig on both sims?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're a broadband customer and it's all in your name, yes of course. Smiley 

critcher

Thanks for your help Emily, but it would be easier if they had a drop down box for the number of sims wanted.

edrandall
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

When you say that there would be separate accounts for 3 SIMs - would they each have a separate direct debit set up to my bank as well?  Or can it be set so that a single payment is collected for all 3?

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi edrandall,

Yes, the 3 separate accounts would have separate Direct Debits set up also. Having said this, all 3 accounts can have the Direct Debits come out on the same day as each other, provided all SIM's were purchased on the same date Smiley

I hope this helps!

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team