cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to plusnet, porting number, authenticator apps

jdm65

Moving to plusnet, porting number, authenticator apps

Hi all,

Appreciate this isn't Plusnet's responsibility but since they/this community must have a lot of experience with these matters I hope it's alright to ask for some guidance. Smiley

Am moving to Plusnet from another provider.  I have my new SIM, and my PAC so I can keep the same number.  I'll be using the same handset.

Will using the new SIM with the ported number (after the 1-2 days for porting) cause issues with authenticator apps such as Steam Mobile Guard and Google Authenticator?  Will they be unhappy that it's a different SIM from a different provider even once it has the same number?  Should I disable 2 Factor Authentication on my accounts and just reenable after the Port process is finished, or is that not necessary?

Obviously I've tried to source info on that directly from Steam etc already but without much luck, so if anyone here has the answer that'd be great. Smiley

Cheers,

1 REPLY 1
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Moving to plusnet, porting number, authenticator apps

Hi jdm65,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

We wouldn't be able to assist with your query however, the community as a whole is a great place for all users to express their ideas, thoughts and opinions.

Hopefully our helpful community will be able to assist you with this. 

If you have any queries regarding your mobile service direct, be sure to give us a shout and we'll do our best to help!

- Rebeka Smiley