cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile voicemail

petermoby

Mobile voicemail

Plusnet mobile voicemail does not offer the facility of finding out who has left a voicemail message if they don't leave a number

How do I find out what phone number has left a message on my voicemail. On Vodafone I can press 5 to be told "the callers number is...." but that option is not given on the plusnet menu

Customer services said " I'm afraid that's not a services our voicemail has at the moment, though it is something we have raised across to the back office to be added, though i'm afraid it hasn't been given a timescale as to when it will be added."

This makes Plus.net mobile almost useless for any user who needs to ring back people who have left messages. Many people don't give their phone numbers as it is almost universal for other phone companies to capture number and they just expect to get a ring back.

So why are the back-office ignoring their chat-line staff?

4 REPLIES 4
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: Mobile voicemail

Hi @petermoby,

thanks for taking the time out to leave us some feedback today. 

Our customer service team are right in that this isn't a feature we support at the moment, however this is something we're looking into. 

It's not that our Operations Team are ignoring customers needs or the suggestions of our Customer Service team but these things do take time to implement. 

We'll be sure to keep all of our customers in the loop with any upcoming upgrade or changes to the mobile network.

petermoby

Hi Sarah

It would seem you don't care about the army of self-employed people who run small businesses based on being mobile e.g. mobile hairdressers, plumbers, electricians, gardeners, driving instructors, and others

Remember it is illegal to use a phone while driving a vehicle so it has to be turned off which means that unless someone leaves their number it is impossible to ring them back costing money and damaging reputations

I for one will change from always recommending Plus.net to always saying they are useless for small businesses

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @petermoby

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way, however this is something we have considered in our Mobile Terms, this is why we state in our terms and conditions under section 4: Your Use of the Services: 

4.1. You must:

4.1.1. only use the services for personal use (so you can’t use the services to run your own business although occasionally accessing work emails is okay). 

You can find a link to all our service and usage terms here: 

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-terms/

Given this we would strongly advise against recommending Plusnet Mobile as a carrier for small businesses. 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Link fixed.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

This seems like yet another undocumented “We use the EE network but not the EE network as we know it Jim...”.

There have been no end of requests for the dissimilarities between native EE and PlusNET EE mobile services to be clearly documented.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.