cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile sim only payment failed?

John2005

Mobile sim only payment failed?

So I just attempted to purchase a sim only deal , and got all the way through to final one off payment. Submitted details and was told payment failed, nothing was charged. But checking my bank "Pending transactions" clearly shows the payment for plusnet.... i have received no emails from plusnet thus far so i don tknow what to do ....attempt again? or wait?

5 REPLIES 5
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Mobile sim only payment failed?

Wait for Plusnet to respond on here (or phone them), if a payment fails online always contact the company. I've seen far too many people at work who keep clicking the button because it 'didn't work' only to find that they all did and to wrack up (literally) hundreds of pounds of orders which they then have to wait for awhile to get back.

It's quite possible that it hasn't gone through as the banks hold the payment as pending and if it didn't make it to PN then eventually it'll get bounced back into your account.

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @John2005

thanks for getting in touch! It sounds like the order hasn't been successful for you this time, the most likely explanation for the pending transaction on your account is that the payment has gone to the bank and has been kept in a holding account. In the rare occasion this happens any money taken will be refunded back to you within five working days. 

If you'd like further confirmation on your order drop me private message and I can certainly look into this for you. 

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@John2005 wrote:

So I just attempted to purchase a sim only deal , and got all the way through to final one off payment. Submitted details and was told payment failed, nothing was charged. But checking my bank "Pending transactions" clearly shows the payment for plusnet....

You may also want to check your Experian credit reference. 

In a similar problem  multiple credit checks were made and recorded on file during a failed SiM order.  I believe that the problem for that particular client was resolved, but we've not heard back from the Operations Team about a generic 'fix' for the on-line ordering system. 

If you do check on your credit file it would be interesting to hear if there is a Plusnet credit check recorded.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

John2005

hello all, thanks for the replies. I Haven't checked on Experian as it will cost me £15 to do so but using another website, 'clearscore' it shows no entry but this could just not be updated as im only allowed one report per 30days.

jogwolf
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Me too when I joined couple months ago after filling everything the final page failed on me 3 time. I changed my name to a family member thinking it's some unpaid court fines I had that was affecting my credit, it worked. Later I found the 3 pending charges from Plusnet and realised it was probably their website that was faulty because the court fines where only in process at that time and i successfully dismissed them. They also refunded my money.

I would advise you to try again after couple of hours or next day.