Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal

Portishead200
Grafter

Mobile signal

Hi.
I've had plusnet for a year or so now. Never really bothered about it but The signal where I live is dead. Recently I've started using the mobile a lot and I just get dropped call after dropped call . Can't hear people etc, won't connect . Virtually unusable in bs208ll.
Is there anything I can do to make it better with plusnet ee?

I have ordered a sky SIM but haven't opened it yet as it's not quite enough data as I want.
Anyone have any thoughts before Im forced to move to sky on O2 which I know is crystal clear?Huh
Thanks
23 REPLIES 23
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Mobile signal

Try this to see which service might give you the best signal

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Portishead200 

Have you tried if your you are on  a 4G phone and using the LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto connect setting try changing the setting to GSM only you will only get a 2G signal but it will work that's what I have done because of a poor EE/PlusNet signal

Brian A

Portishead200
Grafter

I have several ways so I'll make sure both are on GSM only. One is in the general SIM settings and the other is hidden a little deeper .
I thought I'd tried it before but I'll try it again. As per attached.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Portishead200,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with the signal in your area and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

There appears to be no network issues in that postcode, have you tried the sim card in another handset? Could you PM me the following details so we can take a look over your account:

- Your full name

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number

Once you have sent the PM please give us a nudge on this thread so we can pick it up as soon as possible.

Thank you.

japitts
Rising Star

Some parts of Portishead have a 4G800 signal on EE, which reseller networks like PlusNet don't have access to. This can improve coverage indoors assuming it's strong enough.

Portishead200
Grafter

So , if I use app network cell info, my phone is dragging the signal from Newport .... That can't be good. Can it .......
japitts
Rising Star

Not necessarily. If the nearest base site is close to the waterfront at Newport, then there's potentially not much in the way between it and you, over the Severn... whereas a microcell 2 or 3 streets away could be obstructed by buildings galore.

Portishead200
Grafter

Hi do I pm mads???
Can't see how ....
Anonymous
Not applicable

japitts  wrote

Some parts of Portishead have a 4G800 signal on EE, which reseller networks like PlusNet don't have access to. This can improve coverage indoors assuming it's strong enough.

That's quite correct but its the old story PlusNet do make that known as everyone thinks as PlusNet use EE the coverage will be the same it may be on 3G but not the case on 4G in some locations.

My friend is on EE and her 4G is better than mine on PlusNet we have tried changing phones just the same results

PlusNet say

Plusnet Mobile is proud to use the EE network. Providing 80% geographic and 99% population coverage across the UK, you’ll rarely struggle to fill those signal bars.

Brian A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Portishead200 

To send a private message click on their name this will open a new page

On the RHS there is a box   "Send Private Message "

Send a normal community message to advise them you have sent a PM

Brian A

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @Portishead200,

I have now replied to your earlier PM.

Thank you.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @Portishead200,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have now replied via PM.

Thank you.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@Anonymous wrote:

japitts  wrote

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/G4-enabled-and-available-but-can-t-get-data-connection/m-p/1462026#M5419

The EE 'signal checkers' show good connection in places where its utterly [-Censored-] with plusnet as the 800 band is superior - and NOT available through plusnet.

Just like volte and wifi calling isn't available on plusnet - among MANY other things.

In trying a cheaper monthly sim from ID as well as switching my main number back to o2

I now have 2 connections with, vastly superior connection and reliability, Volte, wifi calling, 800 band ...

Generally not just a service that works -

2 services that work immensely better than plusnet and with far more features and options for connection even in poor signal areas and customer service that works too !

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning RobC ,

You have a very good way of saying things that are correct

Even PlusNet staff think their signal is the same as the EE 4G

You will find the ID signal very good as its 3 but to get 3s enhanced 4G called super voice you need a  compatible phone and download a soft ware update see below

I have a backup 3 phone and find coverage very good when 3 started in March 2003 coverage was poor but they have spent money to improve it we have to see when 5G comes what will happen to PlusNet's 5G if they will even offer it 

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/network/4G-Supervoice

Brian A