cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal keeps dropping

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Re: Mobile signal keeps dropping

Japitts, I will also point out that my contract is with Plusnet. It is therefore assumed that they are my point of contact. If for example, I had a power cut, I would contact the relevant supplier with whom I hold a contract, not National grid who manage the HT lines. If I was able to talk to EE about this matter, I would be more than happy to do so. As I can not, it falls to the those that have my contract to act, report and advise accordingly.

regards

paul

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I've replied back to you via private message on Facebook.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
japitts
Rising Star

@Wibblyp wrote:

Japitts, I will also point out that my contract is with Plusnet. It is therefore assumed that they are my point of contact. If for example, I had a power cut, I would contact the relevant supplier with whom I hold a contract, not National grid who manage the HT lines. If I was able to talk to EE about this matter, I would be more than happy to do so. As I can not, it falls to the those that have my contract to act, report and advise accordingly.

regards

paul

I've never suggested that a PN customer contact EE for any issues, as you correctly say that your POC is and should be PlusNet. It's fortunate that EE's status checker is open to Joe Public to use.

I have pointed out several times in this thread how PN don't operate the mobile network, and are therefore limited in what they can do or say. That is also true - it's the nature of an MVNO provider.

I hope your issue is resolved as soon as possible.

Wibblyp
Rising Star

At no point did I suggest that you had made such an inference. Thank you for your assistance.

Paul

Wibblyp
Rising Star

On the 22nd May EE sent me an email stating, " The problem at SN5 4HZ has now been fixed, we recommend you restart your device. If you have already done this and are still having problems, please call us on 150". This morning I have checked their service sight and it states that there is a problem in this area. Is Plusnet unable or unwilling to at least make contact with EE and provide me with more information ? If a little more information was available and an accurate time scale for repairs given then I would be in a better position to provide a backup. Plusnet were good enough to refund the landline costs incurred for my billing point upto a week ago and suggested that I buy a monthly call package for £9. As my account period runs from the 22nd of the month I decided to wait until then to implement this. After having received the notification from EE that all was now well I did not implement this. Myself and partner are now in a position of not having a stable mobile phone connection again and forced into using a landline, outside a pay plan, with the associated high cost. We have tried our utmost to not use this service and incurr costs we can ill afford. We are unable to return to work due to it's nature. Only my partner receives furlough pay.

please advise

regards

paul

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Wibblyp 

I'm sorry for the continued issues with your mobile service. Unfortunately as previously advised we've no influence over our suppliers infrastructure and we wouldn't be able to find out a time-frame when this will be fixed. Realistically all we can do like yourself is check for updates on the service checker. I apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

If you want to add on a call plan, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to call you back to add it on immediately rather than your next bill date (I'd need to take a one-off fee for the call plan though)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wibblyp
Rising Star

And another week passes by with no resolution. Perhaps Plusnet could advise me as to the date and time I first posted about this. This will be required when a formal complaint is made and I don't seem to be able to access it from the first post. It only states the number of weeks.

Thanks

Paul

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Am I able to initiate a formal complaint here or is there another channel this process has to go thru ?

Regards

Paul

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Wibblyp go to your settings here https://community.plus.net/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:display

Select 'Display Dates as' and choose Absolute.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Wibblyp
Rising Star

Day 36

Morning all, hope the world's treating you kindly.

Off to buy 20ltrs of Goldeneye cider from Mates cider company in Minety. Couple of old boys make it and do an exceptional job. They have lost most their income due to the whole lockdown and thought they were worth a mention. The Goldeneye is quite dry but if you prefer a sweeter drink, try the rhubarb, it's divine.

Had intended to give the car a wash and polish but it's howling a gale here. It is also due a set of new samco hoses as the old ones are starting to degrade quite badly.

Votes on tonight's dinner welcome, the choices are,

Sausage, egg and chips

spaghetti puttanesca

steak and salad

Oxford Biomedica's share price has more than doubled since the advent of sars cov-2. So it's nice to know that some are doing well.

My phone still don't work.

thanks all, til next week

paul

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Day 43

weekly update,

Hope everyone's doing well.

phone signal still dropping out during voice calls, sometimes worse than others.

Quite amazing that it's taking EE so long to fix this issue. Obviously not effecting too many customers.

Last weeks dinner vote was a disaster so how about this one ?

Do you believe the government acted quick enough to the corona virus outbreak ?

Yes or no ?

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Day 50

Some may be pleased to learn that as of Monday,I will finally, be back at work. As such, I should be able to make use of an EE mast point that doesn't keep cutting out during conversations. This can once again be verified on the EE website by checking my postcode, SN5 4HZ. This information I give freely and without duress.

It has been an entertaining situation that Plusnet suggest is out of their control. Their complete lack of information, resolution and understanding has been exceptional. They have, admittedly reimbursed me to the sum of around £25 for which I am grateful.

The upside is that I am now due to leave both their phone and broadband package, currently costing about £28 a month, on August 25th.

I understand that one thing does not equate to the other and both legs should not be amputated if only one has a bit of green stuff leaking out but I'm very much passed that.

I have attempted to give notice of termination over the phone for this account but have been unable to have my landline call answered. I am giving ample notice in the knowledge that you must be short staffed. Aside from writing a letter, is this notification acceptable?

Wibblyp
Rising Star

As an extra, I have not been able to access by bills this evening. The message " consult your system administrator " keeps popping up. Timed at 21:41.

Wibblyp
Rising Star

I will advise those that are thinking of leaving any of Plusnets services to do so with full knowledge. As such Zen Internet, in the top ten isp' forever, are offering the same deal as Plusnet for an extra £6/mth. No brainer.

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Day 57

I will start by apologising for the lateness of this weeks blog and any subsequent spelling errors due to an over indulgence of red wine.

My second is a big "thankyou" for Ken Bryant. I have no idea of his job title or role within Plusnet but I received a phone call from him a couple of days ago. His handling of the situation was very helpful and professional. 

EE are unable to provide a date for when this situation will be resolved.