cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal keeps dropping

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Mobile signal keeps dropping

Is there a problem in the Purton Stoke area ? My voice signal keeps dropping during a conversation. This has been happening for two days on multiple devices.

regards

paul

61 REPLIES 61
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Mobile signal keeps dropping

Have you checked this? https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

PN Mobile don't use all the frequencies though!

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Yes I have and ee informed me it would be fixed within 16 hours. 38 hours ago. Since then I've had no updates,  and intermittent signal.

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Sms now not going also.

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Still no improvement, any help from Plusnet as to when this will be resolved ?

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I doubt PN can help because they are reliant on EE for their service. I suspect PN could contact EE though, for an update?

From you post it would appear that there is a fault and that EE are in the process of righting it. Bear in mind that it's a weekend and their maintenance staff could well be reduced.

japitts
Rising Star

You can also register for email or text updates on the EE status checker.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Wibblyp,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry to read you've had trouble with your mobile connection, from what you've confirmed it does sound like EE are working on something within the area. If nothing appears on the this link when you input your postcode please reset your phone and toggle airplane mode on/off. Can you also confirm if the issue is only occurring when you try to ring/text a specific number or number on a network? 

Thanks.

Wibblyp
Rising Star

No it is not number specific. I had an update from ee on the 9th stating they need to send an engineer and they will update me on the 16th.

Is this an acceptable response from them ?

Is two weeks an acceptable timescale in which to allocate an engineer ?

Does Plusnet not hold a contract with ee, that facilitates users continuity of service ?

Quite poor I feel.

Paul

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Wibblyp 

Sorry for the issues. I'm afraid that we've no control over our suppliers infrastructure and how they allocate engineers. 

I do hope the problem's fixed soon.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wibblyp
Rising Star

From your previous comment, are you suggesting that if ee was unable to provide Plusnet with a functioning service for months, Plusnet would have no conditions in their supply contract to recover the financial implications of such ?

regards

Paul

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you can drop me a PM with the following information I can review this for you.

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your mobile number

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wibblyp
Rising Star

So after providing the requested information, I am informed that it doesn't match your records. I then confirm more of my personal details, which again , don't measure up. I then ask you to provide some sort of proof that you are who you claim to be, which you are unable to do due to data protection. What has the functionality of the service provided by you got to do with data protection from either party. I had only hoped that you'd be able to glean some more definitive information from ee than I'm able to obtain. I had no wish for compensation or a " goodwill" gesture.

In your last private message you suggest I contact customer services. As you have "staff" by the side of your name,   I assumed you were from customer services. Is this not the case ? Can you assure me that private bank account information has not been shared outside of official channels ?

regards

p wilson

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Wibblyp 

I can confirm that I am a Plusnet customer services employee, I only provided you with the option to call us because you were uncomfortable in providing me with additional information to pass our data protection process. I'm afraid that I'm unable to discuss an account with yourself without first passing this.

I apologise for the confusion, I advised this morning that we've no control over our suppliers infrastructure and how they allocate engineers however because you then asked about the financial implications I wanted to look at a goodwill gesture.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Wibblyp
Rising Star

I quote from your private message,

[Removed]

You will note in my previous thread that the question was a hypothetical one between Plusnet and EE. I was interested in what would happen in the event that EE were unable to provide a service, entered into contractually with Plusnet. I am quite convinced that someone, somewhere, from Plusnet, would be able to find out why the service could not be provided and when it would be corrected.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Quote from Private Message removed as per forum rules.