cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile service down - how to report a fault?

errendal22

Mobile service down - how to report a fault?

We have had no mobile service (again) in the SN9 area for over 12 hours. Plusnet service checker says that Plusnet have no service issues of any kind (oh, really?), but the EE service checker states very clearly that service is down. As Plusnet use EE, one can deduce that there is a problem locally.

BUT -

1) why doesn't Plusnet service checker show up the problem. It never does, we've had the same issue regularly.

2) How do you report a mobile fault to EE. It says dial 500 or 0800 xxx xxx. Brilliant, how do you do that when you have no signal?

3) Why is there no online method of fault reporting? The https://faults.plus.net service only allows you to report broadband problems - very useful if your broadband is down.

4) Does Plusnet really not want to provide users with anything approaching acceptable customer service.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Mobile service down - how to report a fault?

Thanks for your post @errendal22 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your mobile's not working.

@errendal22 wrote:

1) why doesn't Plusnet service checker show up the problem. It never does, we've had the same issue regularly.

Our service status Here we use for issues that are on the Plusnet network.

@errendal22 wrote:

2) How do you report a mobile fault to EE. It says dial 500 or 0800 xxx xxx. Brilliant, how do you do that when you have no signal?

If EE's status checker Here shows a problem then the fault is already logged with EE.

@errendal22 wrote:

3) Why is there no online method of fault reporting? The https://faults.plus.net service only allows you to report broadband problems - very useful if your broadband is down.

If you need to report a fault with your mobile, you can call us on 0800 079 1133, message us on Facebook or Twitter, or feel free to private message me the following details and we'll be happy to take a look.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up.

@errendal22 wrote:

4) Does Plusnet really not want to provide users with anything approaching acceptable customer service.

I hope the above helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet