cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile reconnection issues and other anomalies

andynoiseboy

Mobile reconnection issues and other anomalies

Hello

Just wanted to check before I move MNOs...

I switched to PNM from O2 really just to reduce costs.  Since doing so I have never experienced so many issues maintaining service and reconnecting.  It seems coverage is inferior to O2 (despite EE claiming it's better) and the most annoying aspect is that often when service is lost, it fails to reconnect.  I regularly have to toggle airplane mode and then it reconnects - very poor.

Does Plusnet have full access to all EE functionality?Huh

Also, I get reports from callers that the message they receive says I cancelled their call or it just goes dead.

A recent visit to Spain was not a positive experience either so whoever EE partner with in that instance was providing poor service.

I can't continue like this but wanted to check if there might be some compatibility issues with an iPhone SE or I need to change some setting etc.  If not, then fine, I'll move on...

TIA

Andy

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Mobile reconnection issues and other anomalies

Hello @andynoiseboy,

I am very sorry to read about the issues you have experienced with our mobile services and I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. So that we can investigate these issues for you, please confirm via PM:

- your full name

- your mobile number

- your full address with postcode

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi andynoiseboy,

There are many posts about the difference between full EE and PlusNet mobile coverage

There is defiantly a difference see the link below it is worth reading

After the outage on a Friday afternoon a few weeks ago which PlusNet staff were saying there was no problem and to  re set your phone and were sending out new sim cards etc.

I purchased a Three 1-2-3 PAYG sim for my dual sim Samsung mobile the best thing I've done not only is Three coverage very good used to be poor but they have spent money improving it and the web site excellent you can actually obtain a new sim card if needed at a shop not have wait for postman Pat to deliver a replacement .

I will be looking forward to what Three will be doing with 5G no doubt PlusNet will not be giving full 5G

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Plusnet-Mobile-reception-not-as-good-as-EE/m-p/1590478#M11286

Brian A

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@andynoiseboy wrote:

Hello

I have never experienced so many issues maintaining service and reconnecting.  It seems coverage is inferior to O2 (despite EE claiming it's better) and the most annoying aspect is that often when service is lost, it fails to reconnect.  I regularly have to toggle airplane mode and then it reconnects - very poor.

Does Plusnet have full access to all EE functionality?Huh

Also, I get reports from callers that the message they receive says I cancelled their call or it just goes dead.

A recent visit to Spain was not a positive experience either so whoever EE partner with in that instance was providing poor service.

@andynoiseboy

I fully concur with @Anonymous assessments.

Inclusing that PNM is a very limited subset of the EE service.

I regularly experience issues with PNM service simply not working - it seems a regular and entirely un-reported issue with PNM and I now carry a asda mobile sim around with me - until I move.

I would not be at all surprised if any issues you saw while in Spain was actually issues at the UK plusnet end.

I also find the o2 service to be better service in the areas I frequent, even than the full EE service let alone PNM, although that is undoubtedly area specific.

PN is cheap although a number of others are very close in price to the PN deals now. An extra 50p - £1 a month (albeit at 12 month contracts) is little to pay to lose the PN problems and appalling lack of anything but politeness in their service.

For example virgin Mobile or ASDA - both use EE.

I'm no fan at all of Virgin Media, but the mobile service is an exception.

With due respect to @Anonymous - I've had a few people say that 3 are alright nowadays, but I had such a bad experience with them the once I tried them I wouldn't dream of recommending them, ever.

I've not had not a single issue with the ASDA sim even when PN has had issues and pointed the finger at EE - if PN have made any acknowledgement of the issues at all.

I'll get past the Christmas rush and PNs seemingly annual Christmas increased porting issues as I dont want to lose my number, then I'm off.

Cheap and unreliable = bad value

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots