cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile porting guarantee failure

JBRuff

Mobile porting guarantee failure

I was given a date by Plusnet of the 26th of February for when my mobile number would be ported across. I lost my sim signal with my old provider at circa 11AM on this date, but am still waiting for Plusnet to deliver on their promises. It is now the 27th and there is still no sign of progress despite concrete assurances to the contrary by their customer services that this would be resolved by midnight. This is lousy customer services and totally unprofessional. This may be the quickest PAC code request in history. Very bad first impressions indeed!

4 REPLIES 4
pyrotekki

Re: Mobile porting guarantee failure

Exact same problem. Rang CS this morning and they were no help, just said I had to wait.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry that your number port is delayed.

We're likely already aware of this and working to get this sorted as soon as possible, but if you can PM me your account number I'll be happy to check that this is on track still.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ad3
Hooked

Having sim activation problems too, so posed as a new customer this morning and was told that sim activation should be automatic 😡
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Ad3, SIM activations are automatic for a new customer but when we're sending another SIM out for existing accounts, these need to be manually activated on the account for it to start working. I'd note that the issue you're experiencing isn't a porting issue as discussed in this thread.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet