cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile number porting

markdarwood

Mobile number porting

Getting fed up with being fobbed off as to why my number still hasn't been ported to Plusnet yet 10 days after they emailed to say it would take between 1 and 2 days. On the phone to them every day have customer services unable to give me any info and uummm and argh a lot while talking to me, speak to an apparent manager who gives me the "sorry" speech.

Still no news or number change. Try again tomorrow to see whats happening though I would think I'd still get the same [-Censored-] of we'll email the porting team who are uncontactable by any other means, but don't seem to be able to reply!!!

Now reading so many stories of the same thing happening to many others.

SORT IT OUT PLUSNET!!!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Mobile number porting

Hi markdarwood,

I'm sorry to hear about your port delay, the port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete; we don't process ports of a weekend. However on rare occasions, a port can become 'stuck' during the transfer stage and if this happens, it is automatically raised with our Operations Team, who'll work to push this through as soon as possible. 

I completely understand how inconvenient and frustrating this can be and although we cannot give a timescale as to when this will complete, I can assure you that the Team will be liaising with your previous network to get this resolved. 

When your port is close to completion, you'll receive a text advising on what to do next.

- Rebeka 

markdarwood

It's now 10 days since you were given the PAC number and still it's not been ported over!!!!!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi markdarwood,

I completely understand how frustrating it can be during this time, but due to the communication between the two networks and the investigation stage, i'm afraid we wouldn't be able to provide you with a timescale as to when this will finalise.

However, I can assure you that they will be working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

- Rebeka