cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data very slow problem

RowanD

Mobile data very slow problem

Hello,

For a number of months now my mobile data service has been very slow. It will either show an E or H+ next to the mobile data symbol icon (mostly shows E). I haven't bothered about it as I rarely used mobile data but would like to get it fixed now please.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Mobile data very slow problem

I had that problem a few months back with my local mast going off air for a month leaving my phone jumping from 4G to 3G to H+ and sometimes to E.

I think they've been working on the mast to upgrade it to 5G for future use but it was only local and moving into another part of town and the phone would be back to normal so are you getting good data speed away from your normal usage area?

A handy thing to try is go to the EE web site and on the their “check network status” page put your postcode in and see if there’s a problem in your area and while there given them your PN mobile number and they will send you text telling you of any problems in that locality. It seems that EE see your PN number as an EE number and they still send me texts now like last week they said they where working on my mast again and gave me the times I might have problems.

RowanD

The problem has been ongoing for alomost a year now so I doubt whether that relates to a problem for coverage in my area. I had a look on the website and it was showing as 4G.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting in touch @RowanD I'm sorry to see you're experiencing a lack of 4G service.

So we can investigate further, can you PM me the following information?

• Your mobile number
  • Your full name
  • Are you the account holder?
  • Your full address
  • Your date of birth
  • Last 2 digits of your bank account number
  • Last 2 digits of your bank sort code
  • Postcode(s) where you're having issues
  • Are you indoors or outdoors?
  • Make and model of your mobile handset, and if 4G is enabled in the settings?

Apologies for the long list of questions.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
briston
Aspiring Pro

It's one thing to check coverage on the EE web site but although Plusnet mobile uses the EE network that's not the same as EE. Confused? So was I when visiting friends who got a strong EE signal and I got zilch. After a lot of enquiries I found that, not sure if the correct words, but Plusnet do not use all the channels that EE had access to. I was told EE can use 800MHz which Plusnet does not for competition reasons. So, if the 800MHz is ok but another stream isn't, then presumably Plusnet mobile might suffer.