cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working :-(

Sporadic999
Dabbler

Re: Mobile data not working :-(

It looks like many/all people should be up and running with data today. It would be good to see the service page updated!

alocke
Hooked

Working for me finally! Now getting 4G data speeds.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

Our network engineers have informed us that the data issue has now been resolved. They have been working closely with the suppliers overnight and have put a fix in place which corrected the configuration issue that caused this loss of data service.

We'll be contacting and refunding all customers that have been affected by this and we sincerely apologise for the loss of data you have experienced during this time. 

- Rebeka 

jmacintyre1988
Hooked

Great to finally have it working. Unfortunately too little too late for me. My Three sim will be arriving tomorrow and I have my PAC code so I'll have moved provider within the cooling off period as it's just unacceptable to have a network outage for a week I'm afraid.
hippo

Rebeka

Wrong! Still no data from 22nd December. Contacted your customer service 2 minutes ago and they say a fix has not been done and don't know when it will be. I mentioned your comment this morning and the guy was confused and didn't know what to say. Told someone would call back in 48hrs!! - joke. The issue is not just affecting people within the last week - that is a lie. Can you contact me with some help or accurate information please

GMcNeill
Hooked

4G working for me and really hope that it's sorted now, if not soon, for everyone else.

But there's are important lessons for PN to learn about this situation, particularly regarding communication with customers.

Improve your communication with customers directly and through the forum.

I still have received nothing directly to tell me that the problem has been solved. You know who we are have our contact details, a simple text or email would have sufficed.

Update those on/reading the forum timeously, in the status updates and mobile sections. Why did it take until 11/1/17 (sim ordered on 4/1/17) for you to post on the forum about the problem?

Don't give out mixed messages or different solutions to customers (eg replacement sims/turn phone on/off) that don't help and frustrate us even more.

Adequately compensate us for the lack of data service, but also for the impact this has had on us financially with alternative arrangements for data and for our time, effort and frustration experienced resulting from the lack of communication. Nobody would have expected specific details but I'm afraid 'there's a problem and we're working on it' isn't good enough. 

There's really no excuse for getting information out there to us, gone are the days of snail mail.

If I can see evidence that PN is committed to the above and will in fact 'do us proud,' I will stay with PN. There's still time for me to cancel though! Wink

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi hippo,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you send me a private message and I can look into this further for you.

- Rebeka 

newcomerhere
Dabbler

Affected a lot of people, PlusNet
jbcowes

I received my sim on 27/012/18 and guess what? No data!! PN said they'll send me a new sim. Think I'll cancel and ask for my money back if the new sim doesn't work.
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @jbcowes

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your data, it may be that we need to adjust the APN settings on your handset. 

If you drop me a private message we can certainly look into this for you. 

dchapman

Hi Rebeka,

I have an iPhone 5s and yesterday I put my new SIM and no internet. SOLUTION BELOW 

The solution for the iPhone has taken me 4 hours to write and it is in a pdf document I attach it so you can advise support and possibly get this problem fixed for everyone if their problem is exactly the same.

I have obscured my telephone number in the screen shots as per the rules.

Regards David

Mantis55
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Amazed that I have just fixed this issue after several days phoning around looking for help Cheesy 

I've been on BT for a couple of years, and the only issue was lack of roaming data, although it worked at home. Then this week I ported my number to PN and had absolutely no data at all.

The problem was - my iPhone 6 had a Vodafone profile buried in the settings from when it was new so in a way it was kind of "locked". This was in settings>general>profile. I simply trashed the profile.

Sounds like BT's SIMs are more sophisticated than PN's, but not perfect either.

Worth trying anyway, especially if you've used Vodafone.