Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working :-(

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Mobile data not working :-(

Hi Sporadic999,GMcNeill

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

Sarah3

I recieved my sim and did a port on Friday. Got my old number set up Monday at midnight (tuesday morning). Am I an existing or new customer? Either way, still no data. Thanks for the updates.
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Sarah3,

Thanks for getting in touch. It sounds as if you are an existing customer as your SIM card is already live and you have ported in.

- Rebeka 

tmc

Same issue. Received new sim on the 7th Jan. No data. Wasting my time changing settings etc then on hold only to get zero constructive info on the problem and or timescale. I was told that "new customers" are being prioritized! Seemingly I don't qualify as a new customer!

Customers need to be kept informed not left in the dark. Plusnet need to let customers know what the technical issue is, the solution, the progress & when its fixed. They are completely unprofessional.

Bigga

I've just had this conversation today, the mast is being worked on but couldn't explain why 2 phones that were next to each other, one had data and the other didn't. Looked into it myself and the APN settings weren't there on the phone that wasn't working. It was working on the previous Plusnet sim but changed it for a new sim and didn't work afterwards. I see you have tried your settings but if anyone else hasn't it might be worth a go.

thebood
Dabbler

They have announced it here https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Mobile-Data-issues/td-p/1403835

Apparently it's only a 'SMALL' number of customers..... 🙂

Note there is no mention of tie scale, and you can't comment on the thread either!!

vienly
Dabbler

I'm assuming that's the update we were all waiting for: 'working hard to restore this for all affected customers as quickly as possible'.

Kind of a pointless thread if there isn't any ETR, or what the exact problem is.

Sporadic999
Dabbler

I have a SIM a week old so am in the "existing customer" set. I was sent a new SIM that arrived yesterday. If I get that one activated, will data work for me?

hippo

Their press release states customers who signed up in the last week are affected. Many are over a month without Data and I am entering my 3rd week. My 2nd sim is still pending 8 days later. I have put my original Plusnet sim back in and so I can at least use the phone - I really should be grateful!

Tags (1)
hippo

Rebeka

Chris's press release 2 hrs ago says it has only affected customers in the last week. Please read this forum and other posts on the web. Many have been having problems for over a month - I'm in my third week. Can Plusnet at least be truthful about the scale of this problem and not treat us like idiots.

GMcNeill
Hooked

Ok PN give us your promised update with some new and useful information for us existing customers as you say, other than there's a problem and your working on it. I'm away to contact BBC Watchdog to make this situation known to the wider public.
dazzh
Grafter

I've had no date since I first received my card on 24 Dec 2014.

Now on my second sim card, which also has no connection to data.

Contacted customer services on numerous occasions, spoke to a supervisor once (eventually), PM'd frequently, provided with the wrong email address to send a complaint to by CS and finally sent in a letter of complaint. Have I achieved anything ................not.   

Sporadic999
Dabbler

At least we have something on the service status page now. I am hoping we get regular updates to give us confidence the information is current. At least daily, I would say.

GMcNeill
Hooked

BBC now picked this story up as have lots of other folks on twitter http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38587831?ocid=socialflow_twitter
Come on PN, fix this and make us happy!
jmacintyre1988
Hooked

Requested PAC code, ordered 3 sim 8gb advaced plan £13 with £51 back via TCB... only thing it's 12 month contract...