cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working :-(

GMcNeill
Hooked

Mobile data not working :-(

I'm new to Plusnet and have today had my mobile number ported across successfully (within 2 working days stated), but I have no mobile data. Online help operator suggested that this is a problem affecting a number of recent new sims, but can't say when the issue will be resolved. I'm not seeing any announcements to customers about this, would have saved me a lot of time checking my APN settings, if Plusnet had been more proactive in making us aware of this known issue 😞

41 REPLIES 41
thebood
Dabbler

Re: Mobile data not working :-(

Me too - They are useless.  They kept on telling me, it's because my port was in progress.  My PN sim has never connected to data! Guess what - my port is complete and I don't have data.

Sarah3

I am having the same issue.
My port has gone through successfully and I am recieving messages to this phone with my old number. However I have no access to my data.
Really frustrating as I use my phone as a satnav for work and therefore have no acess to this without data.
thebood
Dabbler

The latest is, they are aware of an issue, engineers are working it (what ever it is), but get this - there's no timescale !!  You can't run a company without timescales!  I think they need to make a proper statement.

I asked via twitter.  I asked "do I buy another sim?", not heard anything yet.

myinspiration

A-ha! I got my Plusnet SIM just the other day and popped it into my Windows 10 Mobile......no data.

I have been on to them about this, trying to get it escalated as it is a big issue.

Now that I have seen this thread I realise that this isn't a quirk of Windows Phones, but is actually affecting lots of people.

If that is the case.....could it be duff SIM cards?Huh

Sporadic999
Dabbler

I just started a topic on the feedback thread asking why there is no way to keep us informed about this issue without us ringing up to find out. I have wasted hours trying to make progress on this over the last 5 days when a service status that was easy to find would have be much quicker. Bad news is no less bad because it is hard to get!

myinspiration

Glad I held off porting my number over to Plusnet.....could have been a disaster!!

The weird thing is...they use EE...but my EE SIM does data just fine in the same phones! ????

Johnmx5

Mobile data not working - EE issue

I joined Plusnet on the 5th and have not been able to connect to mobile data. It was suggested there was a problem with my SIM card and was sent a new one. This was installed this evening, I then spent 30 minutes waiting on the line to Plusnet to answer so as to get this activated only to find this did not work either.

Another 40 minutes waiting on the line for Plusnet to answer was told the problem was with new activations from the 5th Jan with no data connection and the problem was with ee. The agent I spoke to wanted to be honest and not palm me off, she could not even give me an idea when this would be resolved. Having been totally frustrated with this problem and given previous excuses I appreciated her honesty and that it was affecting hundreds of other customers. Please just be honest and tell us the facts.

Sporadic999
Dabbler

Re: Mobile data not working - EE issue

There seems to be some suggestion that this is fixed for some people, but not me. Anyone else? I rang and again raised the issue of not being kept informed. The person I spoke to said that was a good idea and said they would email me when the problem is fixed. That would be good.

DeeCee73
Dabbler

You're not alone, despite other reports of success, I'm not one of them. I'm feeling a bit left out (amongst other things) Smiley

waccoe
Dabbler

Same here, still not working for me, after multiple reboots, APN restore to default, and checking APN settings.  Anything else worth trying?

GMcNeill
Hooked

No still not working for me either and just queried with CS and they can't provide any additional information, other than it's with the network and not my sim, so therefore no need to replace it. If not resolved or at least some information soon, I'll be 'changing my mind' and cancelling.......

If you've got a SIM only plan with us and you signed up over the phone or online, you've got 14 days from the day after we accept your order to tell us you've changed your mind.

If you've got a mobile phone because you've upgraded your contract with us, and you signed up over the phone or online, you've got 14 days from the day after you receive your mobile phone to tell us you've changed your mind.

If you want to cancel within that 14-day period, fill in this cancellation form, and post it to us or give us a call.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

We are aware of a data issue and it has been confirmed by The Network Support Team. A fix was put in place last night for all new customers. As for our existing customers, the team are currently working on getting this resolved and we should have further information later today.

- Rebeka 

GMcNeill
Hooked

Just tried that Rebeka and still no data, so fix hasn't worked. I am a new customer as of 4/1/17 and haven't have access to data since my sim arrived 6 days ago. More information and help required please.

Sporadic999
Dabbler

Hi, what do you mean by new and existing customers. I got my SIM last Thursday. Should it work? It doesn't.