Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data issues affect some Plusnet SIM cards but not all

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Mobile data issues affect some Plusnet SIM cards but not all

and note that the sim operator code is 23433 and the network operator code is 23430

23433 is Orange's identifier, 23430 is T-Mobiles/EE's identifier. Mine is the same and has been since I joined last year with no issues for myself so that's not causing any problems.

MikeAustin
Dabbler

Thanks. It is good to eliminate this from the possibilities. Someone also mentioned that the MNC should be 30, not 33. I tried that, but when I saved the APN it deleted itself!

Maybe there is nothing on the sim card manager information that could give a lead. It does seem odd that, to get the Plusnet Internet connection settings, I have to switch WiFi on and go through the settings menu to download. With a normal working sim, this is not necessary. One is immediately prompted to download the settings and no WiFi connection is necessary. It should not require any user intervention. 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

MNC is 33 on mine.

BDY

My replacement SIM arrived promptly next day, put it in, took a while on hold getting through on the phone, when I did the transfer only took a few minutes. The phone said it had new network settings to install, did that and rebooted.  Everything now works fine.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Hi all,

if you've tried the basic troubleshooting as well as SeeriousGlen's fix posted in this thread and the issues continue, we'll have to dig a little deeper to find out why this is happening.

If you could send me a Private Message here, or get in touch using Facebook or Twitter private message, I'll pick it up and we can get the ball rolling with our further troubleshooting process.

MikeAustin
Dabbler

Data now sorted by MichaelWilliams. PM him if you want yours fixed as well. It just involves giving him name, address and two letters from your chosen word and he fixes something back at base.

qhussain67

Just a big thanks to SeeriousGlen. Worked perfectly on my HTC Velocity.