cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

nonplusme
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

@nonplusme wrote:

It was updated 4 minutes before you posted - lol.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

The quoted post was one god damn line what was I supposed to trim? Having deleted the quote my post is meaningless with no indication of who the 'you' is.

And I suppose I have quoted a whole post again - what part should I leave out without removing any sense from the post? Are you a moderator or a moron or just a brain dead bot?

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

@nonplusme wrote:

The quoted post was one god damn line what was I supposed to trim?

Having deleted the quote my post is meaningless with no indication of who the 'you' is.

what part should I leave out without removing any sense from the post?

Are you a moderator or a moron or just a brain dead bot?

Edited to limit the excuses of the ***********

ooops err moderator

Too true

Cretinously editing one and two line quotes - even the support staffs - which leaves just a mangled jumble of the large sig icons making it an almost undecipherable mess

or at least a need to try and figure out/guess what the response is responding too does seem to be the work of  a lunatic.

The rules this [Removed] is abusing (and hence abusing customers and helpers) is based on a need to manage very large posts, and commonly results in prior multiple levels of quotes being deleted from within a response leving just the last two or three whole.

NOT what this [Removed] is doing.

These will probably be quickly 'moderated' a number of mine have despite them being intended as constructive albeit  frustrated criticism.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
nonplusme
Grafter

Sorry to revive this, I don't get on here much or check PMs. I got a PM from the mod about removing the quote saying this

"The quote mentioned DeeUK so it was clear to me as a brain dead moron and anyone else reading it, who you were referring to."

Which is true, until he deleted the quote  - you couldn't make it up lol. 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Once a quote has been removed the following mod note is placed at the end of the post;

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

which clearly states that the reply is aimed at the previous post hence there is no need to repeat that post again. It does save members from reading the same details twice especially if they have just come to the thread.

Personally, even before I became a moderator, I felt this rule made threads easier to read than those forums without it.

For those who feel that signatures are a distraction you can always turn them off from within your profile.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RobC
Pro

If only plusnet put that effort into notifying their customers of REAL system issues, let alone addressing them.

nonplusme
Grafter

@Mav wrote:

Once a quote has been removed the following mod note is placed at the end of the post;

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

which clearly states that the reply is aimed at the previous post hence there is no need to repeat that post again. 

Definition of preceding: Existing or coming before another or others in time, place, rank, or sequence; previous.

In other words any of the previous posts in the thread.

When in a hole some people are smart enough to stop digging.

RobC
Pro

@nonplusme wrote:

I got a PM from the mod about removing the quote saying this

"The quote mentioned DeeUK so it was clear to me as a brain dead moron and anyone else reading it, who you were referring to."

Which is true, until he deleted the quote  - you couldn't make it up lol. 

Interesting that if I am understanding this correctly, the Mod in a PM indirectly accused a customer (and pretty much anyone who disagreed with 'PC correct gender neutral pronoun mod' of being a "brain dead moron"'

Apart from kettle and teapot coming to mind, isn't that sort of message to a customer frowned upon at Plusnet?

nonplusme
Grafter

@RobC wrote:

Interesting that if I am understanding this correctly, the Mod in a PM indirectly accused a customer (and pretty much anyone who disagreed with 'PC correct gender neutral pronoun mod' of being a "brain dead moron"' 

I don't think you are understanding correctly. In the original post where I complained that a one line quote had been replaced by  a one line message saying it had been removed I asked if who/what had made the change was "a moderator or a moron or just a brain dead bot".

I am not offended and even if I were so what. Nothing actually happens when you are offended (I the words of some comedian who's name I can't remember "its not like you wake up in the morning with cancer because someone offended you").

RobC
Pro

Ah I had thought that the mod who replied in PM implied that anyone who couldn't guess/assume/presume who/what  you were replying to AFTER removal of the quote was 'brain dead'.

(rather than who you were referring to being clear and certain - as defined by your included quote)

Love the quote about offense, but without the politeness of the Plusnet representatives here, there's little else left is there?

Certainly little in the way of even pretty basic issue resolution.

(eg when is my port actually going to happen, when will I actually be able to send texts)

Also like the pedant poking reference to the definition of 'preceding'.