cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

vultura
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

Looks like I have some sort of ability to make calls again....

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

YEP

its working again - for now.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
DeeUK

Well that’s  an hour wasted I’m never getting back! What is the point of ‘service status’ if it’s not updated??? Aargh! Yay I can phone now 

nonplusme
Grafter
Fixes: 1

It was updated 4 minutes before you posted - lol.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

RobC
Pro

Probably because we are posting here about it.

NONE of the other similar issues there are posts about recently here have ANY mention whatsoever on the status page.

eg

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Plusnet-data-outage-linked-to-EE-network/m-p/1593539/highlight/...

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

DeeUK

Hah! Typical

RobC
Pro

Interesting that the status page claims the issue first occurred at 2:52

Thats a lie as I was failing to get calls at 1:30

RobC
Pro

I notice some moderator is jobsworth editing quotes rather than addressing the issues

Only forum I know of that expends effort in editing literal quotes (dont even know of any other that has that asinine rule) while IGNORING serious customer problems.

The Christmas farces have started early.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I notice some moderator is jobsworth editing quotes rather than addressing the issues

May I point out that moderators are customers just like you & me and have no ability to address the issue in this case.

Their function is purely to ensure smooth running of the forum and to maintain the rules

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobC
Pro

@MisterW wrote:

May I point out that moderators have no ability ,,,, to ensure smooth running of the forum ...  ... maintain the rules

edited to save pointless editing by someone else.

Looks like you are describing  - a jobsworth

Perhaps they should prioritise  getting someone who CAN help with the real issues?

I certainly consider what has been reported here as a real issue.

RobC
Pro

ERRORS AND LESSONS TO BE LEARNED BY PLUSNET

1. This issues were raised with plusnet but nothing put on the status page until HOURS after they knew (and probably then only because people were posting about it)

2. The status page gives false start times for the issue (and they knew long before then)

3. Even when the issue was raised here there has still been no update to the customers (but some jobsworth has been ridiculously editing quotes because of some asinine rule)

4. A number of prior similar events have no mention on the status page.

Plusnet Actions required:

1. Maintain the status page in an accurate and timely manner

2. Acknowledge and Update the customers in these forums that are reporting the issue

RobC
Pro

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in txt ok get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

Let me be clear on this

I dont doubt that the 'moderators' cant do anything to help customers

but deleting threads with real information on them appears to be nothing more than a dented ego trip to the detriment of plusnets customers

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in txt ok get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

I believe that they've 'merged' posts from the other threads into this one, so that everything is in one place.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobC
Pro

@MisterW wrote:

I believe that they've 'merged' posts from the other threads into this one,

edited the post which seems to me to detracts from the meaning and reply but ...

and marked some as spam and deleted them (as reported to me when refreshing the page)- which I've reported higher

... and some at least have now been un-spammed

RobC
Pro

Well, I dont know about everyone else but i ended up just going out with my backup phone and asda (EE) sim which has worked fine throughout.

NEVER had to do that in 4 years of EE or even longer with T-mob or 3 years with VM mobile which was a millenium ago ... where any losses of service were genuinely brief and quickly sorted (and stayed sorted)

(Virgin mobile was the one part of virgin media who always seemed professional)

In fact, I think last time I had such an unreliable mobile service with poor customer service was one2one an age ago when it was all quite new.

Maybe I've been lucky, but if I was still being contacted by work or used a phone for business - I would have ditched these cowboys, cheap as they may be within the first week with them.

As I've felt the need to keep a backup sim and phone around since being with plusnet, its probably long past time I moved on. They simply are NOT improving in any real way.

Network is OK while it works. CS is polite - but clueless. Network issues are a clueless nightmare.

.. Such is progress, or is that such is BT.

Both neighbors have horrendous problems with their BT phone and internet.