cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

Was working OK this am

have restarted phone multiple times and reseated sim, even refreshed networks

Calls out just end with a call forwarding active message

Calls in just end

cant even call 150

Tries selcting 2g/3g only - same (but signal stronger LOL)

can only connect to plusnet (which I was doing) not ee network anymore - sure i could connect to ee before

Online advisers 'all busy try later'

Is this widespread?

UPDATE

SEEMS TO BE WORKING AGAIN (FOR NOW) - 14:50

Still sweet Mrs Adams on status page

https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status

Update 2

Status page has now been updated on this issue - after its fixed and hours at least after it started (perhaps days for some)

No mention on status page of this https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Plusnet-data-outage-linked-to-EE-network/m-p/1593539/highlight/... one perhaps as fewer people posted here about it

Pretty disgraceful for a communications company. Although undoubtedly better for Plusnet image and compensation claims.

UPDATE 3

Status page claims issue first occurred at 2:52PM today

- which would appear to be false - I was getting failed calls in and out at 1:30 - and have the txts to prove it, John reports noticing issues at 13:10. (as well as the time of this post and the clogged up chat and phone lines before this post)

and the post above (update 2) was reporting very similar issues for some yesterday

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Spam Filter.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
38 REPLIES 38
Garyy

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in txt ok get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

Just got through on the house phone and they know about it!

Its just a shame they dont post it somewhere on there website to save people restarting there phones when its them.

RobC
Pro

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in txt ok get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

Thanks for that Garyy

I wondered as all online chat clogged up.

Shame plusnet cant let folk know - like they didnt when the numbers they gave out weren't registered on VM networks

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Me Too !!

john1890

Yep, same problem with my phone. Lost mine mid call about 13.10.

Can dial but call ends instantly and phoning in gives a continuous tone (as if phone cut off)

Spent 20 mins on help line (using landline) until a guy answered and said he would put me through to mobile help - at which point I was cut off

First issue I have ever encountered with PlusNet Mobile after a year of useage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Garyy ,

I totally agree if there was recorded message on the phone advising callers of the fault like the electricity companies do it would help the callers and cut down on waiting time for other callers 

Strange thing the current usage was not updating yesterday now the system is down

Brian A

Fazer
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Same problem with both my wife’s and my phone. We only joined Plusnet mobile on 30th Oct 2018 on a SIM Only 30 day contract. At first I thought we had been disconnected because the 30 days are up! It’s a slight relief to know we are not the only ones experiencing problems. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

nonplusme
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@Garyy wrote:

Just got through on the house phone and they know about it!

Its just a shame they dont post it somewhere on there website to save people restarting there phones when its them.

You mean like here

https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status

Which is where I went before spending 10 minutes on a SIP line waiting for support to tell me they already know about a network problem.

An hour later I still can't make any calls and that page is still showing "No open events" - what is the point?

RobC
Pro

Yep I looked there first too

Seems repeated issues over some time with 'the ee network they piggyback on' for various customers - none of which are reported to customers

Makes you wonder just how many times we have not had a network and simply didn't know we were missing calls.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

vultura
Rising Star

Thought it was just me having issues, but looks like I am not alone.

I hope that PN will be making some kind of gesture to keep those affected happy.

Edit - I have tried calling my own number and it does not even go to voicemail.  It just makes a long tone, like the number is not available or has been cut-off.

Has anyone seen my signature, it's gone missing.
RobC
Pro

Plusnet can credit me a fiver to cover my payg asda sim - which also piggy backs on ee but still works fine.

lisaj797

Frustrating... I also have same problem .. come on Plusnet..a bit of sensible messaging on website would prevent your call centre begun bombarded.
cocowalla
Dabbler

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

Same here, and extra annoyed that they haven't bothered to update their service status page 😕

I just joined Plusnet from Vodafone after being with them for years, and never having a single outage. Not a great start.

nonplusme
Grafter

Re: Mobile cannot phone out or in (txt ok) get conditional call forwarding and call just ends

@ 14:47 looks like it is coming back online.  About 1 in 3 calls I try have been connected.

RobC
Pro

@lisaj797 wrote:
Frustrating... I also have same problem .. come on Plusnet..a bit of sensible messaging on website would prevent your call centre begun bombarded.

AND allow the customers to manage the situation better

like anyone waiting for a call to go collect a family member.