Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app issues

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Mobile app issues

I have reported issues with the app in the forum and alerted PN staff here. Constant timeouts, authentication errors or logging out altogether. I've been waiting 2 weeks, no reply. I've also left a review in the Play Store which was left without reply.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Mobile-app-error/m-p/1579749

I'm not the only one experiencing is, as shown by the post here by @jamesbee:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile-App-testing/Mobile-App-Niggles/m-p/1582658

I would have replied to his post but seems it's locked.

I've been signed out of the app again, most of the times there are errors, the app is bordering on unusable for me. I hope these bugs can be fixed soon. To second @jamesbee's question, is there an official way to report bugs?

p.

9 REPLIES 9
jamesbee
Dabbler

Re: Mobile app issues

Hi pkw - glad that I'm not alone with the timeout and log-out issues affecting the Plusnet app.

In addition to the problems I reported in my post (https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile-App-testing/Mobile-App-Niggles/m-p/1582658 ) I'm now dismayed to find that the Sophos security app is reporting that it is a "Low Reputation app" with a list of "Security Considerations" as long as your arm. It may well be a false positive but on the other hand....

Very disappointing that there seems to be no interest in getting the Plusnet app "right".

JB

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Same problem here, if the app times out, which could be because of poor signal or any other external reason, it sometime loses credentials.   That's a pain, made worse because Plusnet feel the need for all this fancy verification which seems complete overkill.   Given the amount of development time, you'd think they could have made the app verify itself automatically like the Vodafone and even the Tesco ones do.

pkw
Aspiring Pro

For me it happens almost every time and the connection is good. Sometimes hitting Refresh will work, or switching to another tab and then back to home. 

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

No problems up until reading this thread (opened app and found myself logged out and had to re-enter credentials and then verify.)
Must stop visiting this board! 😨
pkw
Aspiring Pro

I was hoping the latest update would have fixed it. Nope. Still timeouts. And logged me out again.

They have an email listed in the Play Store: plusnet.mobile.app@plus.net

Hope if a few people write to them they'll take notice.

jamesbee
Dabbler

Hi again pkw,

Yes, I saw the update and hoped all was fixed. I have used it a couple of times since without timeout or loss of login. Though since it has been intermittent all along it's too soon to say that it's fixed for me. And Sophos security is still saying the same negative things about the app. Maybe that's Sophos's problem but still raises question marks.

Have found a new bug though ;(.

Tapping on Data, Minutes or Texts on the opening screen takes you to an "usage this month"  screen for that parameter. Each has a blue "View data/minutes/texts" button. Tapping on that consistently opens an "itemised usage" screen which carries just an error message in all three cases - "Something's gone wrong..." , "Missing fields: mUsagePeriodStart".

Did they bother to test the update, I wonder????

Added: Just in case it is relevant this is on a Nokia 7plus running Android 8.1

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

No such problem here (Moto E, Android 6.0)

No other problems (e.g. being logged out) either ATM.

quelquod
Pro

Same here so far - no problems on either my or my wife's phone.

Touching wood. Wink

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
pkw
Aspiring Pro

Apart from the initial hiccup after updating the app, it has been working ok over the last few days for me.