cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile account login failing due to being " inactive for too long" (when I'm not!)

larkim
Dabbler

Mobile account login failing due to being " inactive for too long" (when I'm not!)

Trying to log into all three of my Plusnet mobile accounts today, and whether I try this via work wifi or on my non Plusnet 4G phone I get the same response as per below.  Not "incorrect password" or "sorry we're having trouble" etc.  But session expiry?  I've attempted successfully resetting the pwd on one account to see if it was just user error, but the pwd reset works fine (apparently) but account login fails.  

I'm trying to login because I've just been warned I've busted through my smartcap (which I didn't think I had), logging in isn't something I do often, but I've got two SIMs that I use for my kids mobiles and one for my wife's mobile and all of them are displaying the same issue.  Is this just a current temporary blip?

Please login again

Your session has expired because you were inactive for too long. Please log back in. If this problem continues to happen please check you have enabled support for cookies. Please consult your browser help for information on enabling cookies.

14 REPLIES 14
Maloney
Dabbler

Re: Mobile account login failing due to being " inactive for too long" (when I'm not!)

Had this exact problem myself trying to log into 3 separate accounts only this morning. Using Chrome with cookies allowed so not sure what the problem is. Used Firefox instead and worked fine.
Runmum78
Dabbler

Re: Mobile account login failing due to being " inactive for too long" (when I'm not!)

I'm having the exact same problem. Its been like it for a week.

Can anyone help, please?.

Wibblyp
Rising Star

Plusnet appear to have an ongoing problem with customers accessing their accounts. This has been happening for ages. Intermittently I will add. Can't remember when the first post about this issue was but it was months, if not years ago.

Runmum78
Dabbler

I've only found the issue in the last week. I've tweeted them with no answer and no reply on here which is disappointing as they usually reply quickly!!.

Fazer
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Pleased to see that I’m not the only one with this problem. Hopefully Plusnet will see these postings and correct this issue.

molerat
Rising Star

Can't log in with Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Opera but works fine in IE.  Android app working OK. Tried clearing cookies but still no joy.

Fazer
Grafter

I’ve tried Chrome, IE and Safari - none of them work. Just tried the Plusnet app for iOS and eventually managed to login although it wouldn’t accept my original password. Had to request a link to change my password but that kept deleting some characters from my new password when I pressed NEXT, so it was failing because it didn’t have enough characters. I eventually allowed it to choose a new password for me and then it worked!

I’ve also done online chat with Plusnet and was told that their people are working on this problem but they don’t know how long it will take to resolve!

molerat
Rising Star

Working OK now on all browsers.

edit:  Scrub that, worked a couple of times then stopped 😡

edit again :  seems flaky - working / not working

molerat
Rising Star

Any staff going to pick up on this ?

molerat
Rising Star

I have run CCleaner and it seems to have done the trick, simply clearing cookies didn't work so needs something deeper.

Cecilthe3rd
Dabbler

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately there is an open issue in regards to what you have all specified. 

We are trying very hard to get this resolved without further inconvenience.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

- Thomas

Tom Haigh
 Plusnet Help Team
Simonsimps
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for confirming this. It's been driving me mad clearing cache and cookie. Standing on one leg whilst singing happy birthday 3 times to try and login 😁

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Simonsimps
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Mine is working again now. 

Thanks Plusnet for fixing it.

molerat
Rising Star

Still working today !  Now all they have to do is to get the account to show something close to the correct information and all will be good.