cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile account log-in password problem

Dabbler

Mobile account log-in password problem

I just received my new PlusNet SIM card, which is working OK. However, when I try to log in to my mobile account, or use the PlusNet Android app, it asks for a user name/phone number and password. I've tried using the password for my broadband account, but that isn't accepted. I've had no messages advising what the password is and if I try a password reset, I get a message saying that my email address does not match the one on the account.

Can anyone offer any ideas on how I resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 963

Re: Mobile account log-in password problem

Hi there,

You'll need to create a password through the password reset link here: https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/forgot-password

Let me know if you have any issues or if you've already tried that specific link. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried several times to use the password reset option, but the system tells me that it does not recognise my email address.

Dabbler

I finally figured it out.

Where the login screen asks for a user name or phone number, neither of these work. However, if I put my mobile account number in as he user name, I can log in.

This is a very misleading log in page. If all it will accept as a user name is the account number, then it should ask for this instead of a name or phone number.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 963

Thanks for getting back to me @Gewitty 

I'm glad to see you've managed to log into your account now, although it's odd you've not been able to sign in using your mobile number as I can confirm that definitely should work (It's the way I sign in to my own account all the time)

Are you putting any spaces in the mobile number? Can you also try replacing the 0 with 44 although both should work.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team