cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile account log-in password problem

Gewitty
Dabbler

Mobile account log-in password problem

I just received my new PlusNet SIM card, which is working OK. However, when I try to log in to my mobile account, or use the PlusNet Android app, it asks for a user name/phone number and password. I've tried using the password for my broadband account, but that isn't accepted. I've had no messages advising what the password is and if I try a password reset, I get a message saying that my email address does not match the one on the account.

Can anyone offer any ideas on how I resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Mobile account log-in password problem

Hi there,

You'll need to create a password through the password reset link here: https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/forgot-password

Let me know if you have any issues or if you've already tried that specific link. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gewitty
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried several times to use the password reset option, but the system tells me that it does not recognise my email address.

Gewitty
Dabbler

I finally figured it out.

Where the login screen asks for a user name or phone number, neither of these work. However, if I put my mobile account number in as he user name, I can log in.

This is a very misleading log in page. If all it will accept as a user name is the account number, then it should ask for this instead of a name or phone number.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Gewitty 

I'm glad to see you've managed to log into your account now, although it's odd you've not been able to sign in using your mobile number as I can confirm that definitely should work (It's the way I sign in to my own account all the time)

Are you putting any spaces in the mobile number? Can you also try replacing the 0 with 44 although both should work.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet