cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Voicemail Update

Johnson
Hooked

Re: Mobile Voicemail Update

How do I set up a new 5-8 digit PIN number. Please.

ken

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Johnson, thanks for getting in touch.

Did you previously have a 4 digit pin for your voicemail service? When you call Voicemail from your mobile phone does it request you to enter a new pin?

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
minkishah
Hooked

Hi Roops

I was wondering if you have now managed to access your voice mail.

I am still unable to do so and have been informed that Plusnet still do not have a date as to when it will be fixed. As the problems appears to affect a handful of customers only, Plusnet do not seem to be that keen in getting it resolved.

I have decided to leave Plusnet as this kind of service in unacceptable

Johnson
Hooked

Hi there,

Still not resolved. When I call the voicemail from my mobile it asks me to call from the landline, or a trusted number. I do not have a trusted number set up, nor can I find out how to do this online. And when I call from the landline, the 4 digit pin doesn’t work, and the instructions for the 5-8 digit code don’t work. Please advise ASAP.
Roop
Hooked

Getting a PIN took a lot of persistence (sorry) Plusnet can set it up but it takes a few days as apparently it has to be dealt with by 'people in the backroom' whoever they are!

When I did eventually get my PIN, on 12th Jan, it didn't work and customer services told me they'd refer my case to 'the operations team in Sheffield' (who are probably the backroom people) and that I'd have to wait a week but it should work then. It didn't. I was told 'operations' would be contacted... again... and to try in another week. Still didn't work but that day's customer services person asked me if I had a with held number WHICH I DO! He told me to dial *31#  before the usual 0787 0020 555 and HALLELUJAH it worked and after 2 months of regular calls to customer services I could set up my mailbox and retrieve my messages.

Roop
Hooked

Hello Minishah - after 2 months have finally got voicemail sorted. Getting a PIN took weeks but what then seemed to be a problem is that I withold my number when calling and this seems to be a recognised problem (by SOME customer services operatives) and from then on it was easily sorted. Maybe your problem? Either way, hope you get sorted soon.

Johnson
Hooked

@Roop

Thank you for your reply. I tried what you suggested but received an error message with a restriction notification. I wonder if customer services need to set this up for me before I can call *31#

Customer services - I’m waiting to hear from you!!!

I need a solution now before I cancel my subscription, it shouldn’t be this difficult, it’s very frustrating.
Tags (1)
rosshendrick

Is there a way I can set up my voicemail without recording my name / message? I don't want to leave my name on there.

Thanks.

Lochstyle

Hi Roop

Had the same problem as a new customer. Having read through this board i read a post from some one who was having voicemail issues who had a withheld number (sorry i didn't note the name before i replied, but thank you very much as you solved my problem). I also withhold my number via the phone settings on my phone, i simply made made number visible again and dialled the full voicemail number and it went straight into "setting up your voicemail". i recorded my message and retrieved all my backed up messages.

It might be worth a try if you normally hide your number.

Cheers

Loch 

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Thanks all, in order to ensure that new issues get picked up correctly following the migration of the voicemail I'm going to ask our mods to unpin and lock this thread.

If you need support please create a new thread.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager