cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Voicemail Update

Roop
Hooked

Re: Mobile Voicemail Update

Thank you for your reply Mads. Must admit, it doesn't exactly fill me full of confidence as there doesn't seem to be any coherent procedure for dealing with this problem, I will happily provide details requested (though not sure what relevance they have to anything) if you would be kind enough to tell me what 'PM' is and how I'm meant to access it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@Roop  PM is short for Private message. It's a method of sending a message to a user on the forum without making that information publicly available to others and is often used where staff need personal information to progress a query.

You can send a message to Mads by clicking on her name and selecting the 'send message' button ( towards the bottom of the profile details )

This link https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/57856 will get you there directly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

minkishah
Hooked

HI Roop

Yes I was an existing customer but that amkes no difference to this problem. I started talking to Plusnet at the beginning of December and still cannot access my voicemail. Plusnet have no date as to when the problem will be resolved

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @minkishah,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused you and for any confusion regarding the private message. Have you been able to send this now?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Roop
Hooked

Thank you...very helpful for a newbie like me.

Roop
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like 'fingers crossed' (or find a new provider) for both of us then.

glocal
Rising Star

Reversing the order of message and metadata as @voicemailuser explains is a great idea. I often delete a message without listening through it and call people back instead because I just can't wait for all the meta-data to be played first in great detail at such slow pace.

cartini

I too have the same problem.  I raised a complaint with Plusnet several weeks ago and today received an email stating the problem is resolved.  It is not. 

My contract runs out in March after which I will be taking my custom elsewhere.

tismetoo
Dabbler

I'm awaiting my second PIN number as having changed it 2 weeks ago - 6 characters and checked several times I could access it ok - yet when I went to get my voicemail the other day I got the old message of an incorrect PIN number !!

What the .......

Tried the old one I was given for the first reset - nope, tried various combinations of my new again, nope

So contacted support AGAIN to get my PIN number reset so will have to wait another 5-7 days again

Confidence in this new Voicemail upgrade is falling rapidly - and lets not mention voicemail Notifications that work fine on all our old (non smart) phones with the message awaiting flag, but on my wife's new smartphone (Android 9) we get no Notification flag at all (and yes, all the Notification settings are on).......

It feels like one step forward and three steps back - does ANYONE ever test these upgrades or are customers the guinea pigs ????

Roop
Hooked

I fully understand your frustration - it's not a good service when something goes wrong. You have however got further than me in that you managed to get a PIN number. The operative I spoke to told me they couldn't provide or reset them! He suggested that I tried 0000 or 1111 or 1234 as phone companies often use those codes as factory resets, implying it was the phone company's fault. I think ANOTHER call to PlusNet is in order and let's hope this time I get someone who has at least received some training in the products and customer service.

Roop
Hooked

Bad news all round. It's a shame incompetent customer services is ruining what could be a very good product.

tismetoo
Dabbler

I must have been lucky as both times I called I got someone who at least understood the problem (and even admitted they were still having problems with the new system)

They of course can't reset the PIN there and then - it has to go off to the security team who I suspect may be a bit busy !!

Then this afternoon I got another email telling me the PIN and the case closed (in fact the same PIN as the first time) - of course it didn't work ! Then I got a second email saying the case had been re-opened.....

So basically, I'm still waiting to get my voice message 

tismetoo
Dabbler

Update - I've just been given my new PIN and all seems ok now - let's hope the new system has settled down and thank you to Customer Support for your help with this. 

zenmoments
Hooked

Managing voicemails is now very cumbersome, compared to the old system

• caller's number is annunced slowly before you can listen to the voicemail - very tedious
  • I cannot delete a message until I have listened to the entire message - if I press 1 while the message is playing it simply returns to the menu "to listen to your saved messages, press 1 etc"
  • this means it takes ages to deal with a lot of saved messages - i cannot quickly delete them

I would prefer:

• the caller's number is not read out before the message
  • caller's number can be retrieved at the end of the message in the options "press 5 to hear the caller's number"
  • i shoudl be able to press 1 at any time to delete the message - this is useful if I have listened to the message already and I know that I no longer want to keep it. Not being able to delete the message until I am offered the option to do so is a great waste of time
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the feedback @zenmoments 

I've passed this on to our products team however I can't guarantee a change.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet