Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Voicemail Update

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Mobile Voicemail Update

From 26th November 2019 we’ll be moving to a brand new Voicemail platform for Plusnet Mobile that provides both more security and features.

Whether you currently use voicemail for Plusnet Mobile, or if you’re a new user you’ll need to:

• Set a new PIN code between 5 and 8 digits (Already use voicemail? Your current 4 digit PIN code won’t work, so you’ll now need to change this).

• Record a new personalised welcome message (If you’ve had a welcome message set before you’ll need to re-record this).

How do I check my voicemail and is there a charge for checking it?

To check your messages just call 555 from your mobile, or dial your mobile number.

1. Wait for the call to go through to your voicemail. If it’s the first time you’ve called your voicemail you’ll:
    • Hear a default welcome message. You’ll be asked to record a new personal greeting. You can then switch this to a generic greeting if you want to.
    • Be asked to set a new PIN (between 5 and 8 digits). If you’ve used voicemail before your old 4 digit PIN will no longer work.
  1. If you’ve used your voicemail before just press 555 from your mobile, or dial your mobile number. To access your voicemail messages remotely you’ll be asked to enter your 5-8 digit PIN).

Calling your voicemail from your mobile won't cost anything extra because it's included in your plan. But if you've used all the minutes in your plan, it'll cost 40p a minute.

How many voicemail messages can I save?

From 26th November 2019 our mobile voicemail service will be moved to a new, more secure platform. Our improved service will let you save a maximum of 30 voicemail messages.

If you already have voicemail messages saved (i.e. from before November 2019) the messages will be moved to the new platform.

How can I change my voicemail delay?

It's easy to change how long you'd like calls to your mobile to last before they go to voicemail. You can set it in 5 second increments up to 30 seconds, just by dialling the number below.

**61*+447870020555*11*30#

If you'd like the delay to be shorter, just replace the 30 at the end with 25, 20, 15, 10 or 5.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
39 REPLIES 39
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Mobile Voicemail Update

will we also have the ability to turn voicemail on and off without contacting customer services?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Sadly not,

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
glocal
Rising Star

In addition to the greeting message, we could say our name which then other PN subscribers would hear in voicemail messages we left for them. So, instead of something like 'You have a new message from 07123456789', they would hear 'You have a new message from John' ('John' in John's voice). I can't find the option to set that in the new system.

minkishah
Hooked

I understand the current 4 digit pin code needs to be changes, however how I do change it to 8 digits. When I try to access the voicemail, I just get asked for a pin code

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @minkishah,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

Have you tried entering the current pin and seeing if the service then promotes you to change your pin code?

Thanks.

minkishah
Hooked

Yes, I have tried to enter the current pin but keep on getting told it is incorrect. There is no way to change it as after certain number of incorrect entires, the phone cuts off.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @minkishah

We're sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulty. 

Please contact our dedicated mobile team on: 0800 079 1133 from any phone.

Kind Regards

minkishah
Hooked

Hi Ollie

I have spoken to your mobile team with little success. I just want the pin to be reset but some team members tell me it cannot be done and some say it will take up to 5 working days. I have no idea who is correct so I thought I would try the forum.

Is it not possible for Plusnet to reset my pin?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @minkishah

We can't reset it directly - we would need to raise a manual request to our mobile team who would then investigate accordingly - bear in mind however, that this is the same team that you can contact directly on 0800 079 1133. We wouldn't be able to expedite the process of changing your voicemail PIN or provide any additional information relating to the process of doing so - we'd just be passing your information across as a courtesy.

If you'd like us to do this, please provide your full name, full address and mobile number via a PM and we'll go from there - alternatively, our mobile team are available now on 0800 079 1133.

Best wishes

Dave

voicemailuser

It is VERY annoying

Sometimes after I have been in a long meeting or travelling I turn my phone off airplane mode to maybe half a dozen VM's

Having to listen to the sender number BEFORE the message is read out EVERY time is so so frustrating. Surely we can disable this option somehow? 99% of voicemails received will include the senders name and the received will already have their number to call them back; i.e. "Hi its John Johnson, call me back please regarding tomorrows meeting. Thanks"  so why do we need the number painfully read out each time?

Also please move the delete number button to '3'... every other network uses 3 to delete and instinctively I always press 3 by mistake, as my other mobile phones on other networks all use the standard number '3' to delete.

Roop
Hooked

I am a new PlusNet Mobile customer. I chose PlusNet having moved my broadband to PlusNet a month earlier and being pleased with the service. My old number was ported across to PlusNet at the start of Dec 19. Everything is working fine except Voicemail. I have the notifications symbol for missed calls/voicemail but when I dial 555 using my PlusNet SIM, I get an announcement saying 'To set up your mailbox you must call from your home phone or a trusted number. Goodbye.' After a couple of calls to PlusNet customer services I established I needed to call 07870020555 but when I do this the recorded message said I needed to enter a PIN (which I have never been given)

Mid December -  phoned customer services again. I was told that following PlusNet's platform change, some customers were having voicemail problems and that nothing could be done and that it would 'sort out.' I asked how I would know it was sorted and was told that I'd need to keep trying. 

A week later - voicemail still not working - became aware I'd missed several important voicemails - one resulting in me missing a job interview. Phoned customer services. Given same advice as before. Explained situation re PIN (again) and was again told PlusNet was having some voicemail problems but I could try dialling 0000 or 1111 (ie guessing)  When I asked if this could be sorted, how I could set a PIN, how long this problem may last, operative told me they couldn't help.

24th Dec - voicemail still not working - more inaccessible messages indicated on phone. Phoned customer services. Given same advice as before but told nothing would happen as the 'people in the back room' were now on Christmas holidays until Jan 2nd.

Please get your act together PlusNet - I'm paying for this service, or lack of it (and not just financially) If my last 3 customer service phone calls are anything to go by, your operatives seriously need some training in how to troubleshoot and how to speak to customers on the phone.

Now I've set the scene, is there anywhere out there who can help me out please?

minkishah
Hooked

Hi Roop

I have had the same problems and managed to get Plusnet to reset my pin (took 2 and half weeks of constant ringing). However upon entering the new pin, I got the same message regarding 'to set up mailbox etc.'. It seems to be in a loop and Plusnet are aware of this but have no date as to when it will be fixed. Soory no good news

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Roop,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with accessing your voicemail and this issue still hasn't resolved yet.

We do not currently have any further updates in regards to this issue just yet, we are aware of it and are working on it, however, before any fix is implemented and rolled out we want to make sure it's right and that it works.

Feel free to drop the following information via PM:

- Your full name and confirmation you are the account holder

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number

As an aside, I'm more than happy to raise the complaint on your account, however, it would not speed up the process of getting a fix implemented unfortunately.

Thanks.

Roop
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. As you initially had a PIN, were you an existing customer and when did you first try to get sorted? Sorry to quiz you but I desperately need this this facility and am trying to gauge just how long I'm going to be fobbed off for.