cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Number Porting

FIXED
Nawaaz

Mobile Number Porting

I texted to begin my number porting on the 2nd May. It is now the 8th May and after two phone calls promising it would happen, it has not yet happened. I have no received any texts notifying me of any delay- could you please investigate this immediately. If it is not fixed by tomorrow (9th), I will cancel my contract as I am within the current cooling period.
7 REPLIES 7
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Mobile Number Porting

Hi Nawaaz,

I am very sorry to hear that there is a bit of a delay with your number porting over, I can completely understand your frustrations with this!

I assure you that in the rare instance that a delay happens, it is automatically raised to our Operations Team, who will work hard to find the cause and get this rectified ASAP.

A delay with your port can be caused by a number of reasons, as there are so many moving parts involved in the porting process. It can be difficult for the team to investigate due to this, but I assure you that they will be working tirelessly to complete your port for you.

In the meantime I am more than happy to check for updates on your account, and keep an eye on it to feed back any further updates too. If you would like me to do so, please do send me a Private Message Smiley

Thanks
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
nsatishk

Hi Team,

I also sent out a request for porting my number on 7th May. I have email confirmation stating it will take place in 1 working day. Could someone please check the status on this.

Thank you.

Satish

Nawaaz

The plusnet porting service is an absolute shambles- a quick internet search shows how so many people have had issues from years ago to recently.

mandeep777

Hi All,

I am in the exact same boat. My port request was submitted on 29th April and still waiting. Have called customer service multiple times but get the same generic response. Causing me so much grief as people cannot contact me. Cannot even leave Plusnet halfway during the porting process as I will loose my number.

Don't know when this will be resolved. Any suggestions/help will be appreciated. 

Nawaaz

I would advise to wait until your current PAC code expires, and if you have still not been transferred (and therefore the PAC code has not been used), request a new PAC from your old supplier and then transfer to anybody other than Plusnet. That's what I'm planning to do.

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Fix

Hi all!

I am sorry to hear that you have all experienced some issues with the porting process! I assure you that delays are a rare occurrence, and in these circumstances our amazing Operations Team will be on the case straight away to find a fix.

@nsatishk, it sounds as though you started the porting process over the bank holiday, meaning it is still in timescale, but I would like to check into this, so could you please send me a PM so we can access the account? Smiley Thanks!

@Nawaaz @mandeep777, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by the delays you are facing. I assure you that the team will be working tirelessly to get this resolved for you. I must advise though, that trying to re-use the PAC will not work, as once we input the PAC into our system it shows as used. Even if you then request a new PAC from your old provider, this will not allow you to take that number elsewhere, as it is already in the process of changing over to us.
Unfortunately, if a new PAC is requested, this may cause further delays with the number transferring over, and could even result in the number being lost, so please do refrain from attempting this.

I really would love the opportunity to turn this around for you all, as this delay is not a reflection of our usual high standard of service, and I can completely understand any inconveniences caused here. I am more than happy to check for updates, as is my colleague @CharlieRobinson, so please do send either of us a PM so we can whizz through some security (@Nawaaz I have just got yours through, so will respond to that now Smiley)

Thanks!
-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Nawaaz

Conclusion reached:

I sent private messages to the Help Team as requested and found out that the port had not taken place. I then submitted a complaint and was contacted quickly. I reached a resolution which resulted in my contract ending and being refunded. If anybody is in the same situation (I read posts from years ago when researching this!), I would advise contacting a PlusNet team member here as they are efficient and understanding when dealing with this.

Thank you @LivRobinson for all your help.