Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Number Porting – What You Need To Know

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Mobile Number Porting – What You Need To Know

We know that bringing your existing number with you when you join Plusnet Mobile is really important, that’s why we’ve made the process as simple as possible. All you need to do is provide us with your existing mobile number and PAC (Port Authority Code) from your previous network and we’ll do the rest.

Need to know more? Here’s a few of our commonly asked questions regarding porting.

How long will it take to transfer my number from my old provider to Plusnet?

It usually takes one working day to move your mobile number to us.  Sometimes this may take a bit longer depending on the day and time you give us your PAC code.

This means if you give us your PAC code on a Tuesday before 6pm, the transfer will complete by Wednesday.  If it’s given after 6pm, this is classed as the next working day so the transfer will be completed on Thursday.  

Sometimes delays happen which are out of our control, for example there may be a delay in your old network releasing your number for us to process the transfer. If this happens, please rest assured that we’ll be working flat out to complete your port as soon as possible.

What should I do if my port is delayed?

If your port has not completed by the expected date, we’ll text you. Whilst our support teams are working on your port, we would recommend letting your friends and family know your temporary number so you can keep in touch until your port has completed. We’ll be in touch by text once your port has completed, but it’s worth checking your phone occasionally – you may notice some disrupted service as the port nears completion.  

How will I know if my port is delayed?

We’ll send you a text message the day after your port should have completed to let you know that we are aware of the delay and we’re working to get it transferred as soon as possible.

What if I would like to complain?

We understand that you may want to speak to somebody about the progress of your port, however as soon as our support teams have completed your port, you’ll be the first to know. In the meantime, we recommend using your temporary number we issued when you joined Plusnet.

Once your port has completed, if you would still like to make a complaint please contact us by dialling 500 from your handset and one of our team will be happy to discuss this with you. 

Smiley

Rebeka Preston
 Plusnet Help Team