cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Number Porting Delays

Pritesh

Mobile Number Porting Delays

I requested to switch from my previous provider Sky to Plusnet last Thursday (3/12/2020) having provided Plusnet my PAC and mobile number to port over I was advised that it would be completed by Friday (4/12/2020). I had confirmation from Sky my contact had been cancelled (due to the port going through). Sadly, by the evening on Friday after speaking to Plusnet I was advised that the port could take up to midnight to complete. 

To top it off I had been sent a replacement SIM and it could only be registered once the port was complete. I therefore am without a phone that I can dial out of. However, if I dial my number that I'm bringing in it goes straight to Plusnet's voice mail. 

Having spoken to a manager on Saturday morning (5/12/2020) I was advised something had gone wrong and that operations team will be looking at it on Monday. He could not give me any sort of time scales as to how long it would take for the port to complete. All I got was we have giving you our time scales and we've gone past that. 

Surely in this day and age who can get away without providing may sort time frames? Its very frustrating as I do not know how long this will be going on for. Furthermore it is a mobile for my elderly disabled father who relies on it that's now without a phone for an unknown amount of time! Its absolutely shocking! 

7 REPLIES 7
binky987
Hooked

Re: Mobile Number Porting Delays

I can sympathise with you, as my partner is having the similar issues...

My own number port went through without any problems.The old sim went to no service at about midday on the day of the port. I placed the new plusnet sim in the phone, and it was immediately active on a temporary number. About 2 hours later, I got a text message from someone, and that was a signal the port of the number was complete. This is how it is supposed to happen.

My partner on the hand did not and still does not have any service. The sim had not arrived on the day of the port, so the old number was cut off by the old provider, leaving a totally non working phone.

After a call to plusnet, the operator said they would send out a replacement sim, because the first one must have been lost.

The replacement sim arrived, but this was not active, so a quick call to customer services should be all it takes, quoting the long ccid number. However, when the operator tried to enter the replacement sim into the system, there was an error.

After many many calls to plusnet, and several different stories, it appears there is a software error in the provisioning system, preventing the customer service agents from resolving problems such as these. She was told that there was no timescale for fixing the problem, that she could not cancel and get her number back, and no offer of a temporary sim or phone number to continue being able to use her phone.

I am lost for words. I believe we should get a list of affected customers who signed up in good faith to a back friday deal, only to be let down with zero customer service. I feel a complaint with ofcom needs to be opened.

I can believe that number ports can go wrong, but plusnet are a mobile phone operator. I cannot see any excuse not to active a sim and allow free calls, texts and data until the number port has completed. To leave someone without any phone service is inexcusable.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Pritesh,

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like us to take a look into this for an update then please send me a private message with the following information attached:

- Your Mobile Number
 - Your Full Name (And whether or not you're the account holder)
 - Your Full Address (Including Postcode)
 - Your Date of Birth
 - The last 2 digits of the sort code and account number from the direct debit details used to pay the bill

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Pritesh

@binky987 I feel your frustration, to me it feels almost like Plusnet are saying "get lost this will be done when it's done". And that to me is not right at all. 

Plusnet need to take some ownership and reassure their customers. 

I have had an email from Plusnet today saying my port will complete today but sadly I'm not holding my breath!

@TheMightyAJ  Thank you for the offer, I have sent you a Private Message. It would be good if you can come back with time frames plus an explanation as to what's gone wrong and how Plusnet will better address this issue with their customers.

Pritesh

Just to add, I requested an update yesterday at 16:12 and was promised a call back within 24 hours - and this has failed. I starting to lose hope with this outfit!

binky987
Hooked

@Pritesh , My partners was sorted today. Had the same email saying that it would happen, and I got the call back at midday saying she need to call CS to activate the sim as her phone doesn't work. After that activation, the port was complete in half an hour.

I would suggest you give them another call, it may have been sorted, but no-one called you back with the update.

Pritesh

@binky987 I'm glad to hear your partners phone is back up and running. Sadly I got no call from Plusnet even though they had an alternative number for me. Anyway it looks like my Plusnet line should be back up and running now. Far too much chasing around as far as im concerned and no real explanation as to what went wrong.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Pritesh,

I am sincerely sorry for the experience you have had and for the inconvenience this has caused.

I have responded to your private message.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team