Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Network Failed Again?

Fazer
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Mobile Network Failed Again?

Neither my wife or myself can make calls on our mobiles this morning. Again! We joined Plusnet mobile in October and this is the 4th time we’ve experienced this problem. Is it just us this time or are there others out there with the same issue?

12 REPLIES 12
ChuftSoFar
Hooked

Re: Mobile Network Failed Again?

Me too.  I don't use my phone often but today I tried to make a few calls and none of them work.  My phone just beeps and says call ended. I have noticed over the last few days that my phone reception has dropped considerably.

Fazer
Dabbler

Glad it’s not just us. I’ve now been waiting for 13 mins on my landline to speak to someone at Plusnet Customer service to report this problem. Is anyone there?

pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Glad I'm not the only one but dismayed that it's happened again. Both me and my partner (also on PN) can't make calls. This is also 3rd or 4th time it happened. I will be looking into switching networks now.

ecg

Just called customer services (on my work phone) and there's a message saying some users are experiencing problems with phone calls and texting.  Can't find it anywhere on their website though - what are you supposed to do if you haven't got another phone to call customer services on?!

catch22

nor me this is happening a lot lately not happy

Fazer
Dabbler

Got through to someone at last! It seems Plusnet “know about this issue and are working hard to rectify it”. It would be wonderful if they could fix it permanently instead of temporarily. It’s even possible that there have been more than 4 instances in the last 5 months where the network has gone down like this but I just wasn’t aware of it because I didn’t need to make a call at the time. Not good enough!!

pkw
Aspiring Pro

I don't understand why they don't update their service status page. Previous times when it happened I also don't recall the status page saying anything.

alcohol7

Yup, same for wife & I. We've only joined PN a month ago from Vodafone due to their shoddy customer service after getting cut-off due to high call usage when elderly parent admitted to hospital. Said parent is back in hospital this week, and guess what, PN goes down just as we both need it. Initially suspected it was a billing problem as our first D/D is just about due, but seems not. Can't call 500 from mobiles; nothing on twitter; nothing on service status, and live chat option is greyed out. Yet downdetector and this forum indicate there is a problem... Good job we both have active GiffGaff SIMs for backup.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi everyone, we're sorry to hear you're having issues. We are aware of an issue effecting a number of our customers and are currently investigating to resolve this. Updates can be found on our service status: https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status Thank you for your patience.

alcohol7

Its just started working again for us. For how long I wonder, call me sceptical if you like...

pkw
Aspiring Pro

I never knew that service status page existed. I was looking at the other one, as there seem to be two of them Huh

edit: this is http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2 and is what comes up on search for "plusnet service status" for me.

Capture.JPG

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi all, we can confirm also that the service now looks to be back up and running and by all means if you have any issues moving forwards please do let us know.
In future if you do notice any further issues please do check our service status as we'll be sure to update it with information regarding any widespread outages.
I've also flagged up the duplicate older service status that appears when searching via some search engines.
(https://plusnet.servicestatus.net/plusnet/status)