cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile - My Account feedback

enfranglais1066

Re: Mobile - My Account feedback

Well, manager [CSA Removed] finally called after waiting since Monday & although tried, had to come up with a solution myself!!

The compensation for a week of butting my head against a brick wall was a measly £10, so will be leaving asap!!!

DO NOT ACCEPT THE OBFUSCATION AND WOEFUL SERVICE OFFERED BY THIS INCOMPETENTLY MANAGED COMPANY!!!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@PlusnetLiam, @OliGaffney, @RebekaPreston, @AlexD

Are there any updates on the planned introduction of the mobile APP first mentioned by @RebekaPreston 3/1/2017 and subsequently referenced in posts #37; #43; #52; #54; #81 in this topic?

More than year for a mobile App dev't  is incredibly sluggish Embarrassed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@RebekaPreston very poor indeed to be honest, more than a year and nothing is known yet. I think PN have given up app for some reason but they wouldn't tell us. Other providers like BT, EE, o2, 3, Virgin Media, vodafone already got App. I cannot understand why it taking so long to do it? I mean Plusnet ran by EE but surely they have APP ready before that.

I don't think we will NEVER get any PN app for the future ahead. Never will be. Only the website (very slow as a snail mobile account online)

tim41

I have to agree that this situation is very poor indeed. I doubt now whether Plusnet ever intended to release an app. I think they just said that there was one in development in order to get more people to sign up. To think of all those agents misleading customers - it's disgusting.
If there is an app in development, it's seriously pathetic that nearly fifteen months down the line it still hasn't materialised. It's not that hard to create an app!
I left O2 to join Plusnet, suckered in by the attractive opening price offer. O2 had a fantastic app - so quick and easy to use. Needless to say, I regret that I gave that up.
PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

All

Expect updates next week. I appreciate it's not been ideal & it's very much taken longer than it should but it's very much now on course. It's not something that will be available next week but I'll get my team to give you all an honest and transparent update as to where we are & what our expectations are.

I thank you all for your patience - I couldn't agree more that 15 months down line and not to have a very core piece of functionality for you to use available is not good enough. It's my job now to make it worth waiting for which I'm really confident it will be.

As I say, expect an update next week.

Liam

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Does anyone got a problem cannot getting any text message alert from Amazon.Co.Uk when it shipped out as they say it down to your mobile provider blocked incoming short code from Amazon because I never had any problem with EE pay monthly before switched over to Plusnet Mobile (EE) and it suddenly stopped it.

Can PN staff please verify this? Amazon shipment update text messages are running on the dedicated SMS short code – 262966

https://www.tatango.com/blog/amazon-shipping-text-message-alerts-how-it-works/

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@PlusnetLiam u promise us all will updates next week of your last post but it now gone pass 3 weeks with no news. I finally give up. Start looking for mobile network elsewhere. This is very poor indeed, lack of communcation.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@goldenfibre wrote:

u promise us all will updates next week of your last post but it now gone pass 3 weeks with no news. 

Hiya, It looks like you've missed it, the update was here

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Ok thanks but it should have posted here because it under Mobile section to avoid miss out in other forum subject.

JonoH
Hero

I thought that this morning when I read it, I hadn't seen this thread though sorry.

Jono H
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

OK lots of people asking for a smartphone app to manage the account, and that would be great.  However meantime could Plusnet at least fix the web site account login?   It seems like you can only connect after dozens of tries, alternating between the "Something’s gone wrong, have another go" or sometimes accepting the username and password but going straight to a screen saying you've been inactive too long and have been logged out.

JonoH
Hero

Hi, 

I've asked around about this and this isn't an issue that we're aware of. 

If you're having issues with your online My Account, can you run through these steps for me please and come back to me with any error messages you get when you try to log in after.

• Delete cache and cookies
  • Try a different web browser and/or device
  • Confirming customer is using correct username, which will be their mobile account number or mobile number
  • Reset password
 Jono H
materialman
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I have just been on the phone to change my DD details. In the process I was asked if I wanted to increase the £10 for any usage outside of the plan. I mentioned Comic Relief, Sports Relief, etc. donations and it might be useful to have more for that sort of thing where you text a short code to donate. I was told that Plusnet do not allow this!! I was gobsmacked!! I'm not sure I would have moved to Plusnet had I known this. I was told it was in the T&Cs but I certainly couldn't find it (easily anyway). I do hope Plusnet will change their minds on this. I notice there are a few threads on this. Seems wrong to prevent people making donations. I'm not happy at all. I know there are other ways to donate but it's so easy and convenient. I was with o2 - no problem there. Ditto Virgin OK who also piggyback on EE network like Plusnet.

lawsangel

So far so good.