Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile - My Account feedback

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Mobile - My Account feedback

@PlusnetLiam any latest updates about plusnet mobile app that was suppose to be launch anytime around May/June 2018?

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hey @goldenfibre - we're working flat out on it but it'll be a couple of months yet. Whilst it's taken us this long, I want to make sure it's worth the wait & is a quality product.

Over the next couple of weeks we'll be pushing out a post that will confirm our anticipated features of the App for day 1, sharing the concept designs & also (hopefully) a firm-ish date for release.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@PlusnetLiam does the app tested for both android and apple?

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

That's the plan for day 1 - a native iOS & Android app.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Will Plusnet mobile ran by (EE) network to follow suit to become 5G? See link here:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/05/bt-and-ee-aiming-to-uk-launch-commercial-5g-mobile-in-...

Ricky85
Hooked

Just a suggestion fpr displaying usage for those with unlimited texts.

It can be seen with minutes and data but not texts. I like to know how many I've sent despite them being unlimited.

Would this be able to be changed? Not important I know but interesting for customers to know how many texts they send.

I like everything else so hope it mostly stays as it is.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@PlusnetLiam

Any updated yet over new Plusnet Mobile App for Android? Hopefully not too long to wait now?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @goldenfibre

We shared an update recently here but we've got more news coming soon that we're hoping to be able to share.

To answer your question as best as I can though, it's all starting to come together, it looks really nice and is a credit to the guys that designed it. They've hosted an FAQ with the forum Superusers and shared pretty much everything with them and taken on board their feedback. We've placed early versions in the hands of customers and feedback suggests its easy to use and understand at a glace.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
JonoH
Hero

For those of you interested in testing the new app, and to be amongst the first to get their hands on it, visit the link below. 😄

https://www.plus.net/mobile/app/beta
 Jono H
Ricky85
Hooked

I keep having to sign into the app - has there been any changes lately?

Would prefer to just click on the app and it opens up!!

It's great due to design and the info available so thanks for offering it.

JonoH
Hero

Not that I am aware of, Can you let me know the device you're using and the software version, please?

Jono H
Ricky85
Hooked

It's a Samsung 7 and it's Android.
desbroom

If I could set up an account perhaps I could give some feedback. I have spent two days trying to set up an account for my mobile without success despite a helpful online chat and resetting password twice and confirming my user name / phone number. The log-in will not accept whatever combination I use. Never had this problem with my broadband / line rental which I have had for about five years. Totally despondent and resigned to not ever being able to access my mobile account.  

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @desbroom

I am deeply sorry to hear you have been unable to set up a mobile account online.

I would recommend before accessing our website and attempting to sign up, please clear all the cookies and caches on your web browser.

It is also worth trying to use a different web browser.

Should neither of these methods resolve the issue. Can you please privately message me with a screenshot of the error page, so I can have this matter investigated further.

Alternatively, our Mobile support team can set up an account for you over the phone. Feel free to call them on 0800 079 1133 from any phone. They are available everyday from 7.30am-10pm.

Best wishes.

littim

I'd like to endorse the views of bluefish2303 in message 13.

I've just transferred my and my wife's mobile phone service from Vodafone to Plusnet and was surprised to find that not only could the mobile phones not be included in my broadband account but that I had to have a separate account (and Direct Debit!) for each one! Had I been aware of this before making the change I might have thought twice about whether the price saving was worth the extra hassle.

I'm currently trying to work out how I can make the two account logins look different so I can easily recognise which phone each relates to. The ID is a meaningless number and, for both accounts, when I log in the greeting is identical. I wondered if I could change my name for one of the accounts but it looks like I can't do this. I'm still looking for some easy way to distinguish between the accounts!