Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile - My Account feedback

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Mobile - My Account feedback

I would like Plusnet add mobile account onto broadband member account here https://www.plus.net/index_nlp.html under Mobile section would be good idea rather than this sites https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/jsf/pages/Login.xhtml

tim41

When I signed up for Plusnet Mobile in December last year, I was assured that a mobile app was in development. It's now October and there still isn't one available. Your website is slow and frankly I regret that I ever switched from the very reliable, very user-friendly service I got from O2. Sorry to be negative but you haven't given me much reason to be positive.

edrandall
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Some comments on the Mobile My Account section:
1. When clicking around my account, it frequently 'goes wrong' (presumably some server-side error or timeout occurs) and I am unceremoniously logged out.

2. Under 'Account > Direct debit date' I changed the preferred date, and now it always says 'Sorry Changing the date of your Direct Debit payment is temporarily unavailable. This is most commonly due to a recent date change request or a pending payment. Please try again later.'
Fine, but at least please continue to display what the direct debit date is.

3. Add an option to allow me to change the cap please, rather than having to make a phone call.

4. I would like to be able to set the cap down to £0 rather than £2.

5. Add an option to allow me to change to a different plan (probably limited to once per 30-day period?) rather than having to make a phone call.

6. Integrate it with my Broadband login

7. Allow me to manage my family's mobile accounts together under a single login

Chris1959rae

Just joined you.

Personally found getting my account set up a pain:-

Need to have a short not in the process explaining at which point the porting process occurs. This would have saved me making and enquirey and your customer service answering

• Maybe a small tick box allowing the user to state he intends to port his number plus an explanation.

The use of the caption ‘Username’ should be replaced with ‘Account Number’ as this is what you are looking for and it is a number.

• Add account No to existing caption.

Your password rules do not include characters I use in my passwords however if you had your password rules available for reference I would have instantly know what password I chose. 

• Add a remind me of rules button

Simple stuff

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Any app yet for plusnet mobile?

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @goldenfibre!

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are still waiting for an official date for the app launch, but rest assured, as soon as we have one, we will announce it in this forum Smiley

Thanks

-Oli

quelquod
Pro

Well it's now (almost) the first anniversary of Liam's original post and in that year-long wait only 1 thing has been done (allowing login using phone number instead of an unrememberable random number). The mobile app's been promised since launch but no nearer now. Absolutely no facilities available except by calling and waiting in line. It's about time that PN announced that they're not going to anything ever to improve the abysmal website.

I just tried to check my account - as usual I get:

"Internal Server Error, click box below to retry"  - I click the box then

"Oops! something went wrong, click box to return to login"

What an advert for an ISP company!

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@quelquod I had the same problem. So, it wasn't me at all. Thanks for confirmed this. PN please SORT IT OUT and FIX IT.

See my post here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Server-Internal-Error/td-p/1496642

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Very surprised no staff from mobile isn't reply yet to sort out @quelquod and mine account online

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @goldenfibre and @quelquod!

I apologise for any delay in a response from us.

We can only offer general advise with regards to My Account as we aren't technical support.

The feedback has been passed on to the team who look after the website, however, so hopefully any bugs will be fixed soon!

We would usually ask you to try deleting your cookies before logging on.

If this doesn't make any difference, you can try using a completely different browser, and the next step would be to try a different device. For example, if you usually try to log in on your phone, see if you can log in on the computer.

If none of these work, we can access your account and double check your log in details.

It doesn't sounds like it's an issue with these details, however.

Please feel free to send me a private message so I can access your accounts if needed!

Once again, I apologise for the delay!!

Thanks

-Oli

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@OliGaffney It's make no different with diffrent browsers and no difference on my mobile site, tablet site all the same! Nothing to do with pc, sites, mobile or tablet. It's all down to server bug at plusnet end.

quelquod
Pro

@OliGaffney Not a fault at my end since it happens on any platform or browser (PC/Edge,Chrome or Firefox, iPad/Safari, iPhone/Safari). It's a site problem - either the coding or server loading issue I expect.

Not a poke at you - as you mention, you're not tech support - but this has been around for ages and it's annoying given that the site is often pretty slow anyway.

TBH there doesn't seem to be any technical activity at all - as mentioned earlier after a whole year there has been negligible (none really) improvements or additional features on the website despite the great TA-RAAAH about asking for users' suggestions.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thank you for the replies @quelquod and @goldenfibre!

I'll ensure I have that passed on to the website team too, that should be really useful for them Smiley

Thanks

-Oli

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

This issue has now been raised in the SU forum in an attempt to get a more positive response.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

enfranglais1066

Plusnet contacted all telephone & broadband customers with a new plusnet mobile service.
Unfortunately, i signed up for the service & was told i would get an e mail with my login details, as both dd`s & website were separate from my existing tel & broadband ones. Unfortunately, the person took down the wrong e mail address & when i chased this, they sent a mail with a passport reset which did not work. Rang again, another sent which did not work. Rang again, told i had to use Internet explorer rather than chrome & i asked to speak to manager - none available & no solution offered. Tried using explorer & still not been able to access site. I therefore have no internet access via phone, no access to bills & will not let me access the information i was told was on the site. Now want to leave as soon as another in place with no penalty.

DO NOT USE PLUSNET AS THEY WILL NOT DO YOU PROUD.

Will now do all i can to dissuade other potential customers of this sorry company & taking legal advice about breach of contract & unreasonable service levels. Cannot even see my bills or switch on internet for phone!!!