cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Internet

FIXED
Sumed

Mobile Internet

Does anyone facing no internet connection on phone? I have just got a PlusNet SIM and can't use internet at all.  Please help, PlusNet sent me a 3rd time, still does not work 

20 REPLIES 20
brookejp

Re: Mobile Internet

Me too customer support says EE are having problems

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Sumed,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Have you tried the APN settings for your handset? Go to https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/ and give that a go.

If that doesn't work, feel free to send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to help.

- Rebeka 

mcdavnix

Hi Rebeka,

Would it be possible to send you a private message about this issue also? We've recently had 2 PlusNet SIMs delivered and neither are able to obtain a data connection.

We've reset and manually entered APN details available on the PlusNet site but it didn't help. We also haven't ported our numbers yet so this cannot be the issue.

joe77
Hooked

Mcdavnix, could you post here please if you find a solution that actually works? I'm having the same issue and have tried the same things you have, cheers. 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Fix

Hi mcdavnix,

If you could send me a private message, I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

- Rebeka 

mcdavnix

Will do Joe. I'm presuming this is a back-end EE/Plusnet issue rather than an issue with the SIMs but don't know for sure.

thebood
Dabbler

Same for me.  I've checked settings, different phones, all the same, no data.  My current EE sim works though.

Latest - I called CS for 2nd time and they said it's because I am porting my number.

I'm not convinced, as the PN sim never worked with data

This isn't proving to be a good experience.

I bet when my port completes in the next 48hours, I end up with a dead EE sim, and still no data on my Plusnet sim.

Lets hope I'm wrong!

Turner
Dabbler

I've got the same problem with no mobile internet too, and I can't get a 4G connection either (only 3G) even though there should be coverage. Just got the new Plusnet SIM, not ported yet.

macpherson
Dabbler

I have a dual-sim Lumia and the ee coverage map says I should have Very Good 4g here, but I can only get 3g. My wife has an ee sim in her Samsung and is getting solid 4g right here right now.
If I switch my phone to use the Vodafone sim, I get a great 4g signal - I've had to use Vodafone to post this, in fact!
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I seem to be having a similar issue. While at home I get super plusnet data but when at the inlaws, despite having an h+ connection, data is unusable (network connection issues).
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hello!

When you're experiencing problems connecting to your mobile Internet, we often see that there's many different possible explanations for what might be the cause of that, so we're obliged to treat your data and connection issues individually.

If you're still experiencing mobile Internet connection difficulties now, we'll be more than happy to investigate with you on your account. You can contact us from 8am-10pm by telephone (free on 500 from a plusnet SIM) or on the website Live Chat. You can also email into us at mobile-help@plus.net, and of course, we'll always do what we can to respond to your forum posts and private messages personally wherever possible. Smiley

macpherson
Dabbler

I haven't started porting yet and won't do so till I see what sort of 4G coverage I get. I've updated the APN settings using the link above and I've switched the phone off and on again, just in case, then driven 20 miles to a place where I know there is EE 4g but the best I can get is H and that'sso slow as to be unusable.  My wife got 4g on her EE sim.  I'll contact the help desk people but I'm ready to call a halt to this before my 14 days are up.

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

When i dial 500. What option do i choose (1 2 or 3)?
macpherson
Dabbler

Well,I contacted the Help team on chat and was told "What I will need to do is raise this off to our Network Engineers and investigate this for you.

I will now wait and see but I'm not starting to port my number or using the sim until it is fully working.