cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data issues

MrCull

Mobile Data issues

Hi Everyone,

I've recently joined plusnet and had no issues until this month.

I went over my mobile data last month (and bolt on) and waited for it to refresh this month.

This has now happened but I still have a blank section on my iPhone where 3G/4g is normally shown.

I have spoke to plusnet on the phone and they sent a new SIM card. All inserted and activated but still no mobile data.

I have read these forums re APN settings but do not have this as an editable option.

As such i am paying for 4gb data and unable to use it, only wifi which still works.

Are there any other suggestions perhaps or do I need to switch providers?

Kind regards

Simon
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mobile Data issues

Hi @MrCull

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your Mobile data. It's certainly not something we intend and I can assure you we'll do our very best to ensure this is resolved in a quick and efficient manner. 

What iPhone are you currently using? 

Some iPhone handsets don't have the option to delete the previous profile (Settings > General > Profile > Remove Profile), however, there should be an option to reset the settings on your device.

You can do this by following: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings - This will reconfigure your phone to our network.

If there's still no further improvement, please send me a private message and I'll ensure this is looked into further. -Ashleigh 

Hagar123

I have switched over from EE to Plusnet last month.  Still not getting any data and updated the APN following advice from your site, and this still didn't connect to data.

Your online support claimed it was a phone issue, but I had data when I was on EE and this is the same network?

Please advise.

My phone is andriod - Samsung S5

I know the sim is getting data, as I switched it into my OnePlus phone and it immediately connected to data

Hagar123

I switched to Plus net last month from EE.

I am still not getting any data.

I following the advice from your online advisor and entered the APN details provided.  Still no data,

I switched the sim into my other adroid phone (One Plus 3T) and it picked up data straight away.

Why is data not working on my Samsung S5.

I had data before with EE and this is the same network?

Very frustrating - will be switching back to EE if this is not fixed

Please advise of how I can get data

Hagar123

Okay, I managed to do some research today on the community forum via google search.

Despite the Plus Net adviser telling me last night that it was an issue with my phone, and that the APN information on their website was correct,  I found some further APN advise from another forum entry.

I tried this just now and the phone connected to 4G data straight away.

I've pasted the information below in case it is helpful for anyone having the same issues

ANDROID PHONE 4G

Settings->More->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names->[Plus Button in Top Right Corner to Add APN]

Name: EE Internet

APN: Everywhere

APN Type: default,mms,wap

Username: eesecure         Password:secure

MMSC: http://mms/

MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135      MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234            MNC:33

Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP

APN Protocol: ipv4/ipv6           APN Roaming Protocol: ipv4/ipv6

Bearer: Unspecified

[Remember to SAVE the APN Before Exiting]

Phone shows 3G connection after modifying settings, but it's actually 4G, as speedtest shows 5.42MB/s Download & 1.36MB/s Upload between UK and NETHERLANDS Server and 8.32MB/s DL & 1.37MB/s UL UK to UK server

Hope it works and helps anyone finding this Topic

MrCull

Sorry this is of no use to me. On the iPhone 6 the Plusnet SIM card will not let me view or change the settings.

I have so far reset the network settings four times and again after the previous post but has made no difference. Are they any other suggestions or should I start looking to switch providers as I need to internet?
marrantz

Hi MrCull
I may be able to help.
On my iPhone 6 I was with O2 and there was a Profile for O2 data APN settings it was in the General settings menu scroll down and you will see it. I deleted the profile completely and all was working.
Also to add once I had deleted the profile I received plusnet carrier settings.
Not sure if it's the same for other networks but I know that is the fix for O2.
Hope this helps

Cheers
Steve
MrCull

Thanks for your reply Steve.

I do not have and APN or profile settings available to edit or even view.

Looking through other posts it seems these are removed from view by Plusnet otherwise I think it would be a good solution.

Plays net have now told me I need to call them with three different locations of the phone before they are willing to refer this on to their technical team. Their technical team will then take up to 5 days to reply. Very frustrating as I seitxhed maninly for the large data package.
Westman
Hooked

I'm having the same problem. Ported my number over to Plusnet last week. Only 3G logo showing but infact Im unable to get any Data anywhere and am relying on WiFi. Contacted Plusnet, tried all sorts of resets etc to no avail. Second SIM sent out, same problem. My wife is with Plusnet so I tried her sim in my iPhone and it showed 4G.My sim in hers, only 3G. Have phoned Plusnet this morning who advised me to evidence 3 separate locations at 3 different times, then they would submit case to technical support. Sorry, its tail wagging the dog. Looking over the forum, this is an issue which Plusnet have to address as they will lose customers.. like me. Im off to get a PAC code from them and head back to EE. Poor show

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

DCS1

Thanks so much, just reset APN and have managed to get Data at last. Cheers David

Henry10

Thankyou so much for this, had been trawling the internet for ages to try and find a solution, finally got it working off your advice Smiley