Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Usage Tracker for iPhone

FIXED
dunder

Mobile Data Usage Tracker for iPhone

Hi there,

My son has an iPhone 6 with a Plusnet SIM which has a 2GB mobile data allowance each month.  I'm struggling to find a mobile data usage tracking app that actually works correctly. 

We've tried My Data Manager and Dataman Next, but both seem to have the same problem - they don't record *all* of the mobile data used - as the months progress both of these apps tend to show that less mobile data has been used than that shown when logging into Plusnet My Account.

This isn't a question or moan about inaccurate mobile recording by Plusnet by the way ... the iPhone's settings section always more or less tallies up with what Plusnet say has been used, but:

- the iPhone's in-built mobile data tracking isn't ideal because (a) you have to manually reset it every month when the billing cycle renews and (b) you have to manually go into it to check it out

- my son accessing the Plusnet My Account web page isn't ideal because (a) it would give him access to billing stuff (which I pay him!) and, as above, (b) you have to manually go into it to check it out

Any other ideas? I just want him to be able to get a reliable feel for how he's ploughing through his mobile data each month so he can manage his usage effectively.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: Mobile Data Usage Tracker for iPhone

Fix

Hi dunder,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated.

We do have a cracking new feature called 'bundle notifications'. When enabled on the account, you'll receive regular notifications via text of how much allowance you have left; this can be set to daily or weekly notifications. 

If you would like me to set these up for you, be sure to send me a Private Message with your details and I'll get that sorted for you!

- Rebeka Smiley

dunder

Great solution - many thanks Rebeka.

thaophan

Thank you for your solution!