cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Stopped Working Suddenly

andi_t
Hooked

Mobile Data Stopped Working Suddenly

Been with Plusnet since last October with no problems until three days ago when my mobile data just stopped working.

Have tried all of the usual troubleshooting - reset settings, manually input APN details etc etc, but no change.  I can make and receive calls without issue.

My wife is also on Plusnet and has no issues with data, so it isn't a local area issue.  She has an iPhone and I have a Sony Xperia.  We've swapped sims, and hers works perfectly in my phone so the issue can't be with my handset or phone settings otherwise her sim wouldn't work in my phone.  My sim in her phone still has no data.

Have submitted the "3 examples" to plusnet and they're investigating, but said it can take 5 working days to hear back which is frustrating.

Anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggestions to resolve this quicker?

16 REPLIES 16
Orwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Mobile Data Stopped Working Suddenly

Hi andi_t,

Thank you for your message, and I am sorry to note the inconvenience.

As a staff member, I confirm that the described process you are undergoing is standard protocol for determining and fixing a suspected fault cause.

I appreciate your patience and co-operation while we diagnose and fix the issue, and if I can be of any further assistance I would be delighted to assist, I would just require the account details in a private message.

Best WIshes

- Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team
ChrisSmith87
Hooked

@andi_t interesting as I've been in a similar boat.

3 days ago I ran out of data. Attempted to add a bolt on, it was shown as added to my account in the app but it never activated and when I rang plusnet they didn't.have a clue why it hadn't activated and sent it to the tech team but they haven't been in contact with me but plusnet have credited the cost of the bolt on that I never received.

Today my monthly package should have renewed. However my mobile data still isnt working. I have reset network settings and manually entered my apn bit nothing is working 😡🤦🏻‍♂️

Orwell
Grafter

Hi ChrisSmith87,

Thank you for your message, and I am sorry to note the inconvenience.

So that I may assist you further, please private message me your account details.

Best Wishes

- Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team
andi_t
Hooked

Thanks for the response Ken.  It's still hugely frustrating that it will take 5 days to resolve when it's clearly a sim or account issue, as my handset works fine with another plusnet sim in it.

Orwell
Grafter

Hi andi_t,

Thank you for coming back to me.

I see your frustration and I am sorry to note it.

Let the fault investigation play out and if you need me to chase anything up for you, let me know.

Wishing you a great weekend, and hoping this issue is fixed for you ASAP.

Best Wishes

- Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team
andi_t
Hooked

Having received no update since Wednesday I just called plusnet again and apparently the form with the 3 examples hadn't been submitted properly so nothing has happened in the last 5 days and no-one thought to contact me.

I was asked to give another 3 examples but have basically said pick any time over the last 7 days as I haven't had a data connection since then!

Am now being sent a new SIM - whether that solves the issue we'll have to see. It has to be a sim or account issue when another plusnet sim works in my phone with no issues and mine works in no-one's. I don't need 3 examples to know that. But I wonder how long it would have taken someone to call me if I hadn't called back today?

ChrisSmith87
Hooked

Wow.... That's awful service.... Takes me back to my first week with plusnet when my number hadn't ported over properly and I had to give 3 examples and THAT form wasn't submitted at all. Awful.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted with a new SIM...

My account is showing as 'Pending' on their system.... What ever that means.... Surely they can sort this out with the press of a button.... Obviously not.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @andi_t 

I'm sorry for the issues with your mobile service. It looks like Ken's out of the office for about a week now. Could you PM me the following information so I can take a look into this for you?

• Your mobile number
  • Your full name
  • Are you the account holder?
  • Your full address

[edit]

@ChrisSmith87 I got your PM and I'll message you back shortly. Let me chase this up with our mobile operations team when they're online after the bank holiday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andi_t
Hooked

My new SIM arrived today.  Before I'd even opened the envelope my data came back on!

Very odd!!  8 days with nothing and then for no apparent reason it's fixed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @andi_t 

Glad to see this is sorted for you now and apologies for the time you've spent without your data.

I've just messaged you privately with an offer for a goodwill gesture.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ChrisSmith87
Hooked

I received an update today saying they had sent the issue to the supplier, I'm guessing that meant direct to EE. Within 10 minutes of receiving that update I was back up and running..... 👍🏻
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @ChrisSmith87 

Glad to see you're back up and running too, sorry for the issues.

I don't know exactly what the problem was but as far as I'm aware it wasn't to do with EE's network.

It's good to see your mobile data's back now either way. I'll message you back shortly about the goodwill gesture.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andrea80uk

Hi

I joined PlusNet in Oct 19 and never had any data - tried all sorts to get working and still nothing - can anyone help?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting in touch @andrea80uk I'm sorry to see your data hasn't been working.

Can you drop me a PM with the following detail so I can look into this?

+Your mobile number
+Your full name
+Your full address
+Are you the account holder?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet