Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Cycle date

Mabel
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Mobile Data Cycle date

Can the date of my account renewal be changed?

My account starts on the 28th of the month.

My phone (Honor 9) has a data usage App built in but it starts measuring data from the 1st of the month.

There does not seem to be a way to change this. I have asked Mr Google lots of times and everyone says the same thing.

It is not possible to change the start date. Strange.

Honor don't seem to care apparently! Probably not a big issue for them.

So I thought maybe if i could change my renewal date to the 1st of the month then that would sort the problem out.

Admittedly it's not a big problem just an annoyance.

i am using a app i downloaded at the moment but if i could get the internal app to work then that would save me some system resources.

I did try to email Plusnet customer support but i just get sent to different parts of the website and don't seem to end up at a page were i can enter my request.

Pity they don't just post an email address...

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Mobile Data Cycle date

Every Android phone I've ever owned has let you change the billing cycle, so I'd be shocked if yours doesn't and suspect you haven't looked hard enough.

It's difficult to advise where to look because of all the different versions of Android and how the OEMs skin them, but on my current phone it's under Settings>Data Usage>Billing Cycle, so try routing around in the settings for something similar.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Standard Android instructions below:-

1. Under Settings->Data Usage .
  2. Tap the drop down arrow below the Set mobile data limit checkbox.
  3. Tap Change cycle....
  4. Change Date of each month
  5. Hit Set.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi Mabel!

Unfotunately, it is not possible to change your bundle refresh date on your account. This is purely because this date is the one that both your billing date and payment date are both based off of, and is essentially the monthly anniversary of you signing up. It would therefore be very difficult to work out allowances and payment dates should this change.

I would, however, take the advice of @DaveyH and @MisterW, as the settings they have provided usually work with this Smiley

If you need any further assistance with your account, please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will be more than happy to have a look into it for you Smiley -Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Mabel
Rising Star

Thanks for the update.

Surprised a date can't be changed in a database but such is life.

There are no options to change the date in any of the mobile data settings options as previous posters in this thread have recommended.

There are a lot of Honor 9 users with the same complaint 😞

such is life...

it's not the worst thing in the world...

Hillbilly666

Huawei have crippled the option to change the cycle date. The best option is to download an app to do the job. I use My Data Manager which seems to do a good job of measuring use and has lots of nice information about usage.

Quango69
Dabbler

Honor phones have Huawei's own software skinned over Android so a lot of stock Android tips and troubleshooting may not apply sadly
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I use a Huawei P8 2017 and you can’t change the billing day on this phone either but 3G Watchdog works a treat.

Mabel
Rising Star

Yes, it seems strange to handicap the app in this way.

I contacted Huawei and have not received a reply from them regarding this issue.

I also contacted Huawei about purchasing a genuine fast charger and usb-c cable and was told that they don't sell them and suggested i visit the online stores.

I asked Huawei  "but how do i know i'm not getting a lemon that will damage the phone."

they had no answer.

they did say it had a 2 year warranty but is using a third party charge covered?

again no answer

a strange way to do business.

they sell the phone in the UK but don't sell any of their own accessories!!!