cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Coverage Lies

John152

Mobile Coverage Lies

My Postcode CO15 on the coverage checker says excellent and 99%, this is total lies and consumer fraud, I have had little to no signal now for more than a week, the coverage in the North Essex area is non existent, your company are LIARS, FRAUDULENT LIARS.

Now to boot you have taken down the complaints page because you know it is failing, you are FRAUDS

5 REPLIES 5
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Mobile Coverage Lies

I posted that we already had a winner for the idiotic thread of the year a few days ago, I might have been a bit hasty. Oh dear.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@John152 obviously you failed to read the following on the coverage checker page ?

This map is only a guide and not a guarantee of service availability in a particular location. It shows outdoor coverage only and may include locations where mobile devices don’t work. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions. You’ll also need a 3G or 4G enabled phone and SIM to get 3G and 4G coverage.

This checker may help : https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

There are quite a few Not Spots around the CO15 area for all networks but if you want an independent survey of the area mobile wise use the Ofcom site.

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@ ITWorks

Sorry I never saw your link.Embarrassed

bin
Aspiring Pro

Which only goes to show what a poor job these checkers do....

My location shows amber triangle/x/x for EE and yet I get better indoor coverage with EE /PN than with either O2, Three or Vodafone all of which show good 2 and 3G indoor which is absolute rubbish - where we are - but fine 50 yards down the road in the same postcode.

There's no point in calling names because you've signed up based on a coverage checker. The only way is to get a SIM from Tesco or wherever and stick it in the phone - it isn't rocket surgery. Mobile coverage is not like in the films......