Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Broadband

TS
Hooked

Mobile Broadband

Can't activate my mobile data.

Used APN setting for android, taken out and re input sim, had it in flight mode - nothing.

Sim status says the cellular data is disconnected, phoned customer service and all they do is recite whats already on the website.

Seriously not impressed and ready to bin already any suggestions please?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mobile Broadband

Hi @TS

Sorry to hear about the on-going issue you're having with your data connection. 

I can see you've gone through all the normal trouble shooting options we advise. I would suggest checking you've got no issues in your area, you can do this via this link - https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice. 

If you'd prefer feel free to drop me a Private Message, and I can look into this for you. 

TS
Hooked

Hi, coverage OK, had a ee sim before this one with no problem. In sim status on the handset it says mobile data disconnected?
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

From reading it sounds like you had to manually type in the APN settings.

If that is the case, did you delete the original APN file(s)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TS

Can I ask, what handset are you currently using? -Ashleigh

TS
Hooked

Hi,

Timmy M12 android

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for confirming for me. 

Just to clarify; is the handset unlocked from the previous network? If so, there's a chance the APN settings won't work as it's a Chinese brand; often enough you'll find our SIM cards are not compatible which will be the reason you're unable to receive a data connection. I'm extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please don't hesitate to drop me a private message. -Ashleigh

DS
Seasoned Champion

It could be down to where it came from....

....however that phone works on GifGaf - Might be worth a read?

(even GiffGaff - sorry about the typo above)

TS
Hooked

Hi,

Yes, it came unlocked. Just to check, there's no server set could that be it? If it is the handset I'll have to swap networks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you able to manually search for the network/ server at all? 

If possible, you could try our Plusnet SIM in another handset to establish whether it's the current phone you're using. -Ashleigh

TS
Hooked

When I search, It brings up a list I clicked on PlusNet 3G which flashes up a message to say it's registered. Got G in the notification bar but mobile data says disconnected, wondering if its the sim.

DS
Seasoned Champion

If it's getting that far, it does sound like you're missing a setting - as in something like 'turn mobile data on' or under 'network mode' make sure it's '2G/3G/4G auto'

Thinking about it, is network mode greyed out - as in you can't change it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, thanks for clarifying. 

Are you able to try the SIM in another device?  Let us know how you get on within this thread, or please don't hesitate to drop myself a private message.  -Ashleigh

TS
Hooked

There's nothing in the Network ID either, I've done an automatic registration but its not picking anything up.

DS
Seasoned Champion

(It's a shame there is no user manual online for this phone)

Did you read some of the messages above, regarding deleting existing APNs, the link (as it refers to the M12) and then answer them - it might help us to help you Smiley

A manual search - what does this give?

edit, To come out of the *# page click the back button.

On the keypad, type *#*#4636#*#*, then select Phone information - is there a turn on radio button? If so what does it say in that box (on or off).