Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile App Update

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Mobile App Update

Just posting this here for increased visibility, the original post is here 

We spoke to you some time ago now to let you know we’d be launching an App for our Mobile customers. As we've never done anything like this before, we have taken the last year to make sure this is built on solid foundations, the project plan is durable and fits with the overall business roadmap. 

Over the last few months we’ve started to pull together the requirements we believe should be included in App and have performed extensive research with key experts within the Mobile App production industry, to flesh these out. To make sure we’re doing the right thing for you, we’re currently performing customer interviews: gathering requirements and validating our product requirements and this’ll make sure the Mobile App will definitely fit with what you want.

We’re also gonna be carrying out user testing with customers throughout the design and build phases, to make sure the App is intuitive, to deliver what you need. I’ll make sure our Superusers are included on this and they can then feedback to you, how it’s going.

We actually started production on the project in January and around mid March we’ll have a user validated understanding of the features which we’ll be including for the release and once we have these, I’ll share them with you. Around about May, I’ll also be able to let you know what our expected launch date will be too. 

As we go through the different stages of the project and we know more information, I’ll start to share this you.

Thanks

Jono

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
59 REPLIES 59
Quango69
Dabbler

Re: Mobile App Update

You've been promising an app since before time.
materialman
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

It would be really good to have an app for Plusnet. If I could make a small request, could it be as small as possible so those of us who struggle with small phone memory.

BrainSuperGlue
Hooked

Hi JonoH,

Given Plusnet piggyback on the EE network and you're all BT Group companies, why don't you licence the My EE app. It already gives the information needed and could be skinned with the Plusnet branding. 

It would save you months of development time bringing it to market.

Just a thought...

BSG

Quango69
Dabbler

That makes too much sense
BrainSuperGlue
Hooked

In fact it would make even more sense if Plusnet and BT Mobile worked together with EE Apps team, share the cost and come up with one app for the three of you.

Having three separate apps with three different teams supporting them using the same physical network would be crackers given both iOS and Android EE apps already exist.

BSG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you will find that may well be being done, as it makes so much sense, not only commercially but logically as well. If this is a new product from the ground up then one can only assume it is being done because the licensing approach was either cost prohibitive or unavailable, or it was never thought of.

Going by the time scales hinted at I am suspecting this is a re-brand and tweak exercise to an existing product.  

JonoH
Hero

@BrainSuperGlue wrote:

Given Plusnet piggyback on the EE network and you're all BT Group companies, why don't you licence the My EE app. It already gives the information needed and could be skinned with the Plusnet branding. 

It would save you months of development time bringing it to market.

Really good question, so good in fact I asked it myself when we started this project Smiley We're not after a carbon copy of the EE app, we want something that's designed with our customers in mind, we've engaged with customers for their input and are hoping to add a range of features that will improve the experience of being a Plusnet customer. We also want to be able to update and improve the app as we see fit with feedback from our customers.

@Anonymous wrote:

Going by the time scales hinted at I am suspecting this is a re-brand and tweak exercise to an existing product.

Nope, it's a brand new from the ground up app Smiley 

Jono H
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonoH Wrote:- Nope, it's a brand new from the ground up app Smiley 

As a Software Engineer I am quite impressed with your time scales, but equally I know only to well how these can slip, slide then crash and burn, never to be seen again. Time will of course tell on this one, so I hope it all goes well for your development guys. Thumbs_Up

... we want something that's designed with our customers in mind ...

Just remember that the quality of the application is partly down to those that code it but more so it is down to those that specify it, after that it is driven by the quality of feedback provided at all points going forward and the implementation of that feedback.

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@materialman wrote:

It would be really good to have an app for Plusnet. If I could make a small request, could it be as small as possible so those of us who struggle with small phone memory.

This objective has been raised.

David
ivofusato
Hooked

Any news on the app?
JonoH
Hero

we've just shared more info with our Superusers, I'll find out what I'm able to share publicly and get back to you.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

There's a little more information available here, but if you've any specific questions just let us know and I'll share what I can.

Jono H
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

To answer your other thread “to validate our understanding of what people want from a mobile application” I say we want everything including Wifi calling and VoLTE but for now, just knowing what allowances we have left will be fine so bring it on.Grin

ivofusato
Hooked

Please feel free to consider me for testing I would love to try and provide feedback to improve it.