cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading information from Plusnet Retentions Dept and Website has left me totally confused

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Misleading information from Plusnet Retentions Dept and Website has left me totally confused

Hey @janaltus

Adam is currently out of the office today but should be back in from tomorrow, I've popped across an email to him letting him know you got back in touch. 

Thanks. 

janaltus
Dabbler

Re: Misleading information from Plusnet Retentions Dept and Website has left me totally confused

Hi Mads, thank you for your email. I'm afraid I didn't hear from Adam on Friday, or today.  Perhaps someone else is able to deal with this?

Furthermore, today I received the following email which is utterly bewildering.  I have never received any documentation or Sim card for the following mobile phone number so I don't know have I could have used any of its Smart Cap (whatever that is) never mind 80% of it. 

This is all very distressing.  I am beginning to dread it, every time I see I have any emails from Plusnet.  I thought Plusnet was a company that took pride in its customer service.  That's certainly not been the case with me.  This is all turning into a horror story!

Mobile number 447419744240  

We're just letting you know that you've used at least 80% of your £10.00 Smart Cap. Once you reach your Smart Cap we'll disable all chargeable services to stop your bill getting any higher. But don't worry, you'll still be able to use any remaining minutes, texts and data within your plan and receive calls and messages. If you do run out of your Smart Cap and use all of your plan allowances, you can always buy a bolt on to keep you going.

All your plan allowances reset on 19-04-2021. If you want to monitor your usage until this date or check out how you've been using it, log in to My Account. Once logged in you can view and amend your Smart Cap and make a payment to reduce your account balance so you can carry on using chargeable services.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I apologise that I've not had a response to the request I've passed through to get the calls listened to. I'll be able to chase that up with our operations team who I passed it to directly when they're back on shift tomorrow. 

With regards to the smart cap, it's basically a limit to any spending outside of your monthly plan, please take a look at the page here which explains that in full: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/about-your-smart-cap/

I'll come back to you tomorrow with an update after I've chased this up for you and apologies for the delay

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I've raised the call listening request back to our ops team again requesting this be picked up as urgently as possible I'll be chasing this up for a response again when I'm back on shift on Wednesday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
janaltus
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your attention.  I am not sure how a "call listening request" is going to help in this case. I just want a refund on my credit card for the £8.00 charged, for a Plusnet phone account I was mis-sold.  I'm not claiming I was directly mis-sold the account via the telephone (although the man from Plusnet did give me misleading information).  Essentially, I was mis-sold due to information (or a lack of information) on both the Money Saving Expert website AND the Plusnet website. 

As I pointed out, MSE have written to me to assure me that remedial action has been taken (on the MSE and Plusnet websites) to make clear to potential subscribers that the offers are only available for "Newbies" and ensure this does not happen again (which is good. I am glad to be of service). 

That just leaves me (and perhaps others?) who were led into taking up the offer and then finding out the offer was not available to us ... out of pocket.

Can you please find an email so that I can address this to Plusnet's complaints department?  Or perhaps, very cleverly, it just doesn't have one? 

In which case, can we agree that we have reached a point where it can not be resolved amicably and I will have to refer this to the Ombudsman?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

J

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@janaltus 

If you want to pursue this via Plusnet's complaints process, start with the Complaints Code of Practice link at the bottom of this page. Then select the appropriate route on the page that will appear. Unfortunately, for Plusnet mobile customers (unlike for broadband customers) there is no ticket option only phone and letter options. There is no email address that customers can use to contact Plusnet. Good luck.

janaltus
Dabbler

Many thanks, JGB, for that information.

I'm housebound so I'm denied the chance to send letters.  The phone is not an option either.  (I've spent hours on the phone with Plusnet people, with them all saying "Yes, how terrible, we'll send you an email confirming the cancellation of the contract!" but never actually sending those emails.)

Their refusal to handle complaints via email means that, apparently, I've got good grounds to claim unlawful discrimination, because of their refusal to make "reasonable adjustments" (they've already got me registered as a disabled person).

I get the impression senior management at Plusnet are a bit "dim"!

janaltus
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

I've not heard back from you in two weeks and not had a response to my message last Tuesday. 

I initially opened this query on 26th February 2021.

If you can not help me further with this query can you please direct me to someone who can?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

J

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I'm sorry that you've not heard back from us for a while. Our operations team have got back to me with some call recordings so I will review those today and will get back to you before the end of my shift at 4.30 after I've been able to review them.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your patience, I've been able to review the calls and would like to discuss how we can resolve this with you via private messaging. I'll just need to go through account security checks with you again first. 

Can you PM me with your full name and address including postcode to start that off please?

Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
janaltus
Dabbler

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your posting. I have sent you a DM with the information requested.

Kind regards

J

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@janaltus, thanks for getting back to us. 

I'll pop across Adam an email to pick this up when he's on shift later today 

Cheers

janaltus
Dabbler

Hi Mads and Adam,

I initially opened this query on 26th February 2021.  I have supplied the information requested.  I'm still:-

1) waiting to hear back from you,

2) to be provided with a refund and

3) asking for Plusnet to cease and desist from sending me nuisance emails about a Plusnet account that does not exist.

Would someone PLEASE get back to me.

Thank you

J

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hiya @janaltus

Sorry about the delay in response from my colleague there, I've sent over an email for @adamwalker to get back in touch once he's back in the office and resolve this at last. 

Cheers

janaltus
Dabbler

I have not heard back from @adamwalker in weeks.  Isn't there anyone else who can deal with this query please?

I've now had a demand from Plusnet for payment of £34.00 on 03-06-2021, even though the account doesn't exist and Plusnet owes ME money, for misleading me into thinking I could set up an account using the MSE offer.  Why is Plusnet making demands to obtain money under false pretences?

PLEASE ... CAN SOMEONE DEAL WITH THIS????Huh