Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading contract start date in account details

brightonbelle
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Misleading contract start date in account details

I ordered my sim on 11/12/16 paying my £10 upfront; the order was processed and confirmed on 13/12/16.

But on my online account the first bill date period shows as 13-Nov-2016 - 12-Dec-2016. I didn't have a Plusnet sim then.

Capture.PNG

However if I view the top bill's pdf it states that the billing period for the monthly plan is 13 December 2016 - 12 January 2017.

Capture2.PNG

The second bill shows it actually covers 2 periods, 13 January 2017 - 12 February 2017 for the plan and 13 December 2016 - 12 January 2017 for calls.

Capture3.PNG

That's really confusing.

If I'm understanding things right, we pay in advance for the monthly plan (though it actually gets collected middle of the month it relates to) and in arrears for any out of plan usage, collected 2 weeks after the month ends. So if the contract started on the 1st in January we pay December's calls and January's plan.

This is confusing enough as it is, but it's made worse by then purporting to bill for a period when I wasn't a customer.

Please please please make the wording on the account screen more informative. And maybe accurate?

2 REPLIES 2
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Misleading contract start date in account details

Hi brightonbelle!

I understand where you're coming from, it's a little confusing at first, but you've understood it well. Smiley

Your monthly line rental is indeed debited one month in advance, and when you order with us initially, that order is for your starting month's service. To keep our billing consistent, and to provide a reference for everything that has been advanced to us, this first bill is issued to account for your initial order payment. This is also important to have in certain situations where we may need to issue pro-rata bills.

By default, yes, the actual payment is on or around two weeks after the start date, but that payment day can be changed to a range of other dates, simply by getting in touch with us. Smiley

If you have any other suggestions about how we display your billing, why not feel free to drop your recommendations here? https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Mobile-My-Account-feedback/td-p/1398380

Thanks for the feedback! Smiley

bluefish2303
Dabbler

Re: Misleading contract start date in account details

It would be great if we got some feedback on that other thread Marc so that it doesn't appear to be a dumping ground for suggestions that fall on deaf ears?