Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading 2GB extra data offer

FIXED
Ajw1
Hooked

Misleading 2GB extra data offer

Plusnet like to push the 'extra 2GB' data for broadband customers.

I was tempted by this when I signed up to a new sim card at the end of November. I was offered this deal via the Plusnet website during an online chat (for which I still have the transcript). During this chat, I specifically asked if the extra 2GB data would be added once I'd signed up to Plusnet Fibre Broadband. I was advised that this would happen 'after the connection goes live'.

Obviously, this hasn't happened automatically and I've now phoned customer services only to be told that I need to wait 9 months before I can get the extra 2GB data allowance. This apparently, is due to the fact that the offer included a £25 cashback card (which I have now received). I'm sure the terms and conditions of the cashback card probably confirm this so well done Plusnet for tricking me!

I feel I have been mislead by the salesperson and I have the transcript to prove it.

The only question now is whether I can be bothered to advance the complaint or just wait the 9 months!

Shame really as so far, I'd been happy with the Plusnet deal.

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Misleading 2GB extra data offer

Hi @Ajw1 

I’m really sorry to see this, though there may be some confusion in regards to how it works. Undecided

The extra 2GB data for being a broadband customer is built into the offer you select, for example on our mobile sales webpage Here, the ‘I am a Plusnet broadband customer’ path provides 2GB extra compared to ‘I’m not a Plusnet broadband customer’.

Can you remember which one you selected?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Ajw1
Hooked

Thanks for the reply Anoush.

There was no confusion as to how the deal works. 

I was not a plusnet broadband customer at the time of signing up for the mobile sim.  I checked with the salesperson that I would be eligible for the extra 2gb once that happened. This is born out in the chat transcript which I have now emailed to customer services. I'll be interested to see how they respond.

At the end of the day, the extra 2gb is not desperately important. 

I just don't like being mislead.

AJW

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix

Thanks for getting back to me @Ajw1 

Did you sign up to a 12 month contract? Based on your original post where you've said that you were advised you can move to a new plan in 9 months time, and you joined in November last year, suggests you did.

If this was the case, and the offer you chose was a non-existing (broadband) customer offer, then that'd be why you haven't automatically received the extra 2GB, if you then signed up for a broadband account afterwards.

We can however upgrade your plan to an existing (broadband) customer deal while retaining your existing 12 month contract end date, if you are indeed within a 12 month contract, otherwise we'll leave you on a 30 day contract.

This is explained in our mobile service terms Here:

25.3. If you are within your minimum term you can change to a higher priced plan allowance without extending the length of your minimum term or incurring early termination charges. You can subsequently switch to an alternative plan of equal or higher value to your original minimum term plan without extending the length of your minimum term or incurring termination charges. The change will take place and you’ll be charged from your next billing date.

I'm really sorry if this wasn't offered to you when you rang us. 

Feel free to drop me a private message at @Gandalf (my 'in-office' forum account) the following info to pass our data protection checks, and we can take a closer look at this for you and see what we can do. Smiley

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there may be a good chance I’ll pick it up.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Ajw1
Hooked

Thanks and I'll PM you.

The issue (when I phoned customer services) was that I couldn't receive the 2GB bonus because I'd had the £25 cashback card.

They were telling me it was a case of 'one or the other' not both?

Anyway, I'll contact you now.

Regards

AJW

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

We do often provide reward cards on our existing broadband customer deals that include the extra 2GB, so apologies again if you were advised the opposite. Sad

We’ll keep an eye out for your PM.

Ajw1
Hooked

This has now been sorted by the customer service team.

I must say I was a bit worried about them honouring the offer but they've come through.

Great service from Plusnet.

AJW

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for the feedback, I'm glad to see that @adam945 sorted this out for you. Thumbs_Up

Happy to help in any way we can. Just let us know if there's ever anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet