Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-Sold Mobile package - how do I cancel and get a rebate

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Mis-Sold Mobile package - how do I cancel and get a rebate

As posted at length here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/G4-enabled-and-available-but-can-t-get-data-connection/m-p/1462... despite Plusnet claiming that I would get excellent 4G coverage it appears that this only applies when the 4G 800MHz band is enabled but checking it seems that this is only the case when VOLTE is enabled and, has been stated elsewhere this isn't part of the Plusnet package

I would appreciate a staff response on here so I can sort this out as I only purchased this in order to get 4G internet access as I have a perfectly acceptable Virgin PAYG sim for the limited phone calls and text I need to make

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Re: Mis-Sold Mobile package - how do I cancel and get a rebate

Hi Oldjim!

I’m sorry to hear that your experiencing an issue with your mobile data. If an estimated coverage check of your area shows you should be receiving a 4G data signal and you have both a 4G sim and tariff, as well as a 4G compatible handset, it may be a data issue we’ll have to investigate.

For now I can suggest the basic troubleshooting methods; a full handset reboot, taking your sim card out and back in, try connecting manually to the Plusnet network. For any further help on the matter, you’ll have to send me a private message and I’ll be happy to take a look at your account. Smiley

- Charlie

Oldjim
Resting Legend

As I posted in the other thread the problem is that your deal with EE does not support 4G on 800MHz as that is only available for handsets supporting VOLTE and as was stated by your representative on this board VOLTE is not available on Plusnet in the same way as it isn't supported on EE PAYG tariff

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi again, Oldjim! 

I've taken a look at the previous thread and can see where you have gotten the information above. To clarify, are you just unable to get a 4G signal, with you Plusnet sim? Or do you have wider service issues?

I'd suggest at this point you send me a private message and I will happily access your account. From there we can raise this data issue, and any other problems you may have with our Technical team. 

- Charlie

Oldjim
Resting Legend

Purely the 4G problem

I will send you a PM but note that the SIM is in my wife's name