Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for Plusnet staff Regarding data issues

CliveArnold
Hooked

Re: Message for Plusnet staff Regarding data issues

@waccoe wrote:

...it would be nice and very helpful if you could, firstly, acknowledge that there's a problem...

Absolutely, however once a problem has been publicly admitted by them they can then be held responsible for it and question will be asked of them, therefore it won't happen.

It's basic 'damage limitation' for them, but shows a disregard for their customers.

epicmcd
Dabbler

My third SIM card data came online today, got an email last night saying 

Brilliant news, your mobile number port will be complete very soon.

While this is happening you might have a short period of disruption to your service - we suggest turning your phone off and on again every so often to make sure the changes take effect.

To check that the number has transferred, simply make a test call from the phone and check that the right number is displayed on the receiving phone.

That's 6 days after the number was actually ported!

6 days without data.

Happy it seems sorted now though.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, we understand how inconvenient this data issue has been and we appreciate your patience at this time. We have been made aware of this and it is confirmed by the network engineers that they are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. A fix was put in place last night for new customers and a fix is currently being worked on for existing customers and we should have an update on this later today. 

Thanks,

- Rebeka 

waccoe
Dabbler

@RebekaPreston  Sorry for the dumb question, but what's classed as a "new" and "existing" customer.  I've just joined, last week, and have had my number ported over, but have never had any data, either before or after the port, which is still the case.  Am I a "new" or an "existing" customer?  I know the phone is OK, as another Plusnet sim works fine.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi waccoe,

If your account is already active then you are an existing customer. The fix that was put in place is for customers who's accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

newcomerhere
Dabbler

This lack of data issue goes on and on in these forums

Complaints department at PlusNet telling me only today there have been very few customers affected

Feel very badly treated and misinformed

Like your adverts, PlusNet, reality of being a customer is truly substandard, however