Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for Plusnet staff Regarding data issues

waccoe
Dabbler

Message for Plusnet staff Regarding data issues

Hi,

As the first two pages of the forum are currently filled with people complaining about data problems, it would be nice and very helpful if you could, firstly, acknowledge that there's a problem, and secondly, perhaps start a "sticky"/"pinned" thread where you could update us on any progress to fix this issue.

If customers know there's an issue and also know that it's being looked at as a matter of urgency, you'll cut down on support calls, and people starting more and more threads about the same issue.

20 REPLIES 20
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Message for Plusnet staff Regarding data issues

Thirdly could the mods merge all of these unnecessary multiple threads all about one single topic rather than have all of these 'look at me' threads.

dazzh
Grafter

Hi @waccoe

I've been without data since I first got my Sim on 24 Dec 2016, however thought this was due to me porting my number over(another endeavour).

I was PM'ing a member of staff to try and get my issue sorted and also suggested a sticky, I received the following reply

"Thanks for your suggestion, I'll be sure to pass this on to the forum admin team who'll be able to look into this."

Surprisingly it was never created as a sticky.

I'm now waiting on a replacement Sim.

Mrke
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Surely we want everyone that has an issue to create their own thread, not combine all these issues into one? The reason being there is a tick to confirm when the issue has been resolved for that individual and also we would be able to see as well as Plusnet how many people were suffering the same issue.

It would be nice if the forum asmin/Plusnet assists would indeed update on the threads what has been found, is being done and when a resolution is expected... Maybe they don't have an answer?

Turner
Dabbler

@Colin_Maybe
Perhaps if Plusnet CS were to reply and update more often, then people wouldn't feel the need to start new threads about the data problem?
thebood
Dabbler

More threads = more noise, and still they don't listen

Maybe time to make noise on social media

shdoubleu
Hooked

Very unimpressed with Plusnet service so far. Been a broadband customer for years and never had any significant problems. This fiasco is fast eroding your hard-won reputation for good service.

Its obviously a major problem for many customers, yet not so much as an acknowledgement that the problem exists.

Plusnet, you need to treat your customers with a bit more respect - honest communication about the issues you are experiencing would be a good start. 

CDavman
Hooked

Right, I've just been on the customer service chat regarding this data issue and was told the following, and it would be interesting if this ties up with anyone else's experiences:

1. They're going to try and "turn mobile data off and on again from their end" for my account. Interestingly, this could take "4 hours". The sceptic in me says this is because customer services closes in 4 hours, so I won't be able to query it again til tomorrow. But we shall see.

2. I asked if plusnet will be providing compensation generally for customers and was told and I quote: "Yes. As soon as this is complete." This implies an acknowledgement that there IS a problem their end.

We shall see if this proves to be the case. I'll keep everyone posted.

Has anyone else received similar information?
jmacintyre1988
Hooked

They have closed online chat - three are doing unlimited minutes texts and 4gb of internet for £8 a month (12 month tie in though) though mobilephonesdirect.co.uk ... I think their data services work!

JR66

It's a relief to know that I am not alone.  I am now on my third SIM and have yet to have any mobile data.  I have tried all suggestions from Plusnet, all to no avail.  They said it must be my handset, until I pointed out that another EE SIM card had worked perfectly in my phone.  Having been a Plusnet customer for many years I am so disappointed.  I am now into my second month without data and am planning to cancel my contract unless this is fixed very quickly.

waccoe
Dabbler

@JR66  Wow, 2nd month, sounds very grim Sad  I'm only planning on giving it until the end of the week at the most.  I didn't realise these issues had been going on so long, I would never have joined otherwise, but sums up what most of us feel, complete lack of communication.

The data issues are also mentioned on the thread on hot uk deals, which has already put a few people off.

CDavman
Hooked

Well it's now been over 4 hours since my remote data reset as mentioned previously, and surprise surprise it hasn't fixed it.

If this has been going on for 2 months for some people, then realistically leaving I think is the best option.
myinspiration

Same as you....loyal and impressed broadband customer for 6 years.

SIM card owner for 48 hours and just not understanding the complete mess they are making of this!!!!!!

Thought it was just me and my Windows Phones having this problem until I discovered this forum!

w401

I got my first sim on Friday - no data. Spoke to them on live chat and Plusnet said they'd refer to their tenchical department which would take 5 working days and there was no need for a replacement sim. Called them on Saturday they said a new sim should sort it and they'd send one. Number finished porting Monday - still no data. New sim arrived today (Tuesday) - spoke to livechat to activate it, waited 2 hours as instructed, restarted my phone and still no data. Absolute shambles. Im giving it one more day then I'm off
Turner
Dabbler

I HAVE DATA!!!
Picked up the 4G connection too Smiley
Port completed last night (began on Friday 6th Jan pm), and after a restart my iPhone 6 is up and running this morning!